We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Getting settled in

What a week. I finally feel like I can breathe a little bit and not have the pressure of time that has been on our shoulders for the last little bit with the move. In the last 7 years that Marc and I have been married, we've moved 6 times now, with at least one more eventually in the future. (Someday we hope to own a home again). I hate moving. You would think I would be a pro by now, and feel completely prepared for when the movers show up, but no matter how many boxes I've packed up already, its always a frenzy last minute throw things in the truck at the end. Add in the fact that the day of the move my husband moved the time up from 6 to 3:30, I think if I'd had the extra 2.5 hours, it would have felt a little smoother. We survived though, no matter if it was kind of rocky.


So the truck was loaded Thursday late afternoon. Deb took the boys to a little "jumping place" for a little while. We thought the baby would take a nap, but of course she refused, so ended up in a pack on my back. The truck was once again packed like a puzzle top to bottom, side to side. After all our stuff was loaded, Marc drove to my Grandmother's house to load up her stuff that was coming to Boise. Deb and I worked like crazy to get the last little bit of loose random stuff out of the house and clean the floors. In all the madness, we never got the mail out of our box (has to have a key). I hope that it will be forwarded to us eventually! We left Grandma's sometime between 8:30 and 9:00 at night and drove the hour up to my brother's house to crash there. We were so glad that we made the drive the night before. It made such a difference the next day when we drove the 4.5 hours instead of the 5.5. The boys got to play with their cousins one more time while Marc and I grabbed some of our stuff that has been in my brother's basement since January. We had just enough room to throw in the vacuum and shut the door. Marc drove one of the boys in the truck and I had the the other two kids. The kids did awesome! I was so relieved.

We got into Boise by 4:00 on Friday, left the kids with my mom while we ran over to the new place to sign all our paperwork. The agent was a half hour late, and it took more than 30 minutes to go over the lease. We raced back to my parents to feed to hungry kids, only to have Marc & my dad take 2 bites of food before they drove the truck out to Emmett to unload some stuff at my Uncle's house. Saturday morning, we were up early with the kids after a rough night of sleep and were dragging, but running on adrenaline to get the truck unloaded.

Our house is probably the smallest of the 3 houses we've lived in (I'm not counting the duplex) but its by far the nicest. We've got a really big 2 car garage, double-sided fireplace inbetween the family room and dining area, nice sized kitchen with a pantry. A fenced in backyard for the kids, 3 very spacious bedrooms, including a master suite with dual-sink vanity and a soaker tub in the master bathroom! I've never had a fireplace, a pantry, the dual-sinks or a bathtub in my master bath so I'm very excited! The only thing its lacking is space for our "office" stuff. We have no designated area that our computer desk or bookshelves will work so that will be tricky. As we we've been getting every thing unpacked, I have been so happy about the house and think it will work out really well for us for at least a year and probably more.

I'll post pictures of the place once we've got the boxes cleared out and looking a little more presentable. Now, if everything else can work out as well as the house, we'll be in good shape!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I'm happy to hear that you're finally in your home. I look forward to seeing pictures of the house. How was your Halloween? What did the kids dress as? Good luck to you guys with the job.

rin said...

Wow Julie. Lots of happenings since I've last been on your blog. We wish you luck in your new place and with Marc getting a job!