We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Kid updates

Alexis turns 9 months old in a few days. As one of my friends once said, "she's been out as long as she's been in". Time is just slipping away from me. I swear it was just yesterday that was she was born. We feel like baby girl will be walking by Christmas, but then again she gets around so well crawling and pulling herself up on everything she might not feel the need to walk just yet. She says "ma-ma" but I don't think she means me when she says it. Lexi just started waving. It's adorable the way she waves with her wrist circling. So far, she just likes to wave to her daddy. She finally has teeth! I was shocked today when I grabbed something out of her mouth and felt something hard on her gums. Low and behold, last night she cut two teeth!

We've reached the point where she only wants to eat table food. I can't blame her, after tasting the good stuff who wants to go back to purees. Its been tricky trying to find things to eat that don't have milk in them. Whenever she eats stuff with milk, she breaks out in a rash and is usually up at night with a tummy ache. I'm meeting with a nutritionist next month to discuss what to do when we start weaning her.

Lexi loves bath time! She will just head in there by herself after dinner because she just knows that's what she's gets to do at night. We'll get her naked, and she'll crawl to the bathtub as fast as she can. I think I mentioned earlier her "bear crawl" that she does as she goes across the hall, here's a picture of her in action.




Alexis loves her brothers and her brothers love her (90% of the time).

The boys have all their toys in their room now, so they spent a good majority of the day playing in there. Lexi will often disappear and I'll always find her in the boys' room. Her latest trick is to crawl under their beds and see what she can scavenge down there. I was in a panic one day because I couldn't find her anywhere, but then I heard her from under the bed.
She terrorizes the brothers by ruining their train tracks, knocking down their towers, and doing everything that a little sister should do ;)

Tyler & Bryce are 3.5 now. I feel like we go through easier and harder stages with them. Knock on wood, but this time period feels easier then it has been in the past. They do very well playing together. They are very independent, they pick out their own clothes, get themselves dressed, clean up their toys, and jump off their bunk beds. We recently received financial assistance through the YMCA and the boys are really looking forward to starting swim lessons and other classes. I think I'll enroll them in a different class each month (tumbling, pee wee sports, music & dance). I'd really like to start up a joy school and have some other kids their age participate and rotate with their moms every week. I think that will be my project to start up in either January or February.


Tyler is our little reader. He loves to snuggle up and read book after book. After we're done reading, he'll then read the books out loud to himself. We're trying to make it a weekly event to go to the library and pick out new books and movies. I love children's books. It was so much fun to unpack some of them that have been in storage this past year. I love that my kids love to read. I try hard to stop what I'm doing when they ask me to read a book to them. Sometimes its easier than others.

Bryce continues to excel analytically. He is showing an early gift of mathematics and reasoning. Things just click easily for him. He still continues to build impressive towers, tracks, and perfectly lined up matchbox cars. Bryce is a little over a 1/2" taller than Tyler now and he's very proud of that fact. He tells us all the time that he's going to be bigger than daddy, and we believe him. Bryce loves to sing, he loves nursery and adapts easily to new situations and changes.

2 comments:

Kellie Allred said...

It sounds like your kids are doing so great! I remember the days of trying to find things for Sean to eat when he was allergic to milk. When we weaned him we gave him soy milk and he was fine with it. I also made a lot of homemade things and substituted water and shortening/oil for the milk and butter (like waffles, bread, etc.) because most of the store bought stuff has milk in it.
I've heard of the Joy School program before from some friends in other states that do it. It sounds pretty interesting.

Anonymous said...

Your kids are beautiful. I know they grow up so fast. Addyson is 18 months old now and it still feels as if I just had her. I'm happy to hear that they are doing so well. You're such a great family.