We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Super Crazy Busy

I'm exhausted. The house is 95% packed, 60% cleaned and I can't wait to be done with it!!

Last weekend I sold/shopped/worked a baby and kids consignment sale through a company called "Just Between Friends". We were able to offload some extra stuff and make a little bit of money at the same time. The sale was in Spanish Fork. I wish that they had advertised better because it could have been so much more successful. I came back with a lot of clothes that didn't sell (like pajamas) that I never would have come home with at my Mother's of Twins sales back in Cincy. It's a great franchise, but doesn't exist in Boise (yet). I am curious about what it would take to purchase the franchise and start it up there....but that won't happen any time soon, so I've definitely stopped thinking about it.

My sister-in-law picked up the boys on Saturday and kept them through the weekend. Marc and I were able to get a lot accomplished. It was so strange to just have one kid. We were grateful for their help, but it made us even more eager for Lexi to be weaned so we can have a kid free weekend! lol. I drove up to Fruit Heights to pick up the boys on Monday morning. Jen was throwing a little Halloween Party for some of Nathan's friends, so we got to crash the party. Upon arrival, found out that my brother Jason was admitted to the hospital for an appendix that was about to rupture. He had surgery that night to have an appendicitis. Anyone know if that's a genetic thing to worry about? So far my mom, and two of my brothers have had theirs removed, just makes me a little nervous! We stayed for a few hours until it was time to pick up Marc's mom from the airport. She was a saint and flew out for the week to help us move.

Tuesday we got Marc on an airplane to Boise and Debbie and I worked like crazy to pack up the house. Wednesday (today) has been another long day of packing and cleaning but we're about done. Marc had his second interview today up in Boise with the Meridian Recreation Department. He would be their sports coordinator. From what he said, the interview went really well. He has gone out of his way to meet everyone on the interview committee in person before the interview even happened. He felt really comfortable with the questions he was asked, and the discussion that they were able to have. He's one of three that they are interviewing, we should know by Tuesday if he gets the job or not. After the interview, Marc went and saw the home that we are going to rent. Just found out today that the house is ours, and that we can move in Saturday morning which is FANTASTIC! Those of you in Boise, we'll be living in the Austin Creek subdivision, on McMillan between Eagle and Locust Grove (less than a mile from my parent's old home). I THINK we're in the same ward as Matt and Suzanne Hansen, from Cincinnati, how crazy is that??

Marc is flying home early Thursday morning. We'll be picking up the Moving Van and loading it in the late afternoon. After we load it here, we're going up to my grandmother's house in Lehi to load a bunch of her stuff. She is in the final stages of breast cancer, was actually given less than 3 months to live way back in March and is still with us. She has decided to stay with my parents and aunt in Boise until she dies. It's just a little crazy, because she is in Boise right now just visiting, and just decided that she's going to stay. So the move is very sudden, and the timing for us to move her stuff couldn't be more perfect...just adds a little more chaos into our already nutty week.

The plan is to drive out early Friday morning. I'm driving the van, Marc is driving the truck. We have to make one stop at my brother's house to pick up some of the stuff in storage, and hope to be in Boise late afternoon. As long as everything goes to plan, we'll be moving into the new house early Saturday morning, which leaves just enough time for the boys to enjoy trick-or-treating with their cousins Saturday night.

Hope you have a Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound very busy. Congrats on the house. I hope Marc gets the job. Happy Halloween!

Ann Anderson said...

Wow, that sounds really crazy. I hope you like it in Boise. Tell Marc good luck. Love you guys.