We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Where to begin?

I can't believe its Saturday night already. This week has flown!! Yet when I look back, it seems like Monday was a month ago, weird how that happens. Sunday night, we went up to Fruit Heights to stay with my brothers' kids for a few days. We had 2 babies, 3 three year olds, and 2 elementary school aged kids. It would have been a lot better if we had slept at night. The first night, all of the kids but 1 were up at one point or another. Lexi will not sleep at night if its not in her bed. I don't know what to do with this child. She is horrendous. After being up with her every 1-2 hours I had a little breakdown and Marc had to take her away for awhile so I could regroup. One morning we had both babies (Claire is 14 or 15 months old) in bed with us at 6:00 in the morning. Lexi made me laugh because she would get so mad when I would hold Claire. But Claire wouldn't let me put her down, so I spent a lot of time with two little girls in my arms. Brought me back to when the twins were little. My sister-in-law is so busy. Even with having both Marc and I there to handle the kids and their schedules, we were both wiped out.

We had a little treat on Monday morning when my friend Jessica and Teresa (from Cincinnati) came to visit. They were staying in Utah and made time to come see us which was so much fun. It was fun to catch up and see each others babies.

The kids have all been sick this week. They had flu shots last Saturday, so I don't know how much of it was contributed to the flu shot or crud that they picked up somewhere. Bryce ran a really high fever for 3 days, Lexi spent a day throwing up everything. She was so wiped out, she would just lay on the floor, it was so sad. Tyler picked up the fever and crankiness. And I've got a slight cough, my body aches, and my head won't stop hurting. Of course this happens when we're trying to get things done. Timing always works out for me like that.

We're making progress with trying to find a place to live in Boise. There are so many houses available to rent, that its been a major process to try and narrow them down, figure out what our must haves are, and what we're willing to sacrifice. We're looking at the Meridian area. There are some really nice homes available that we're excited about. We looked at Nampa, but the prices are just about the same, and any money we'd save on rent would go towards gas anyway. My mom has been a saint and has been driving all over to check out the neighborhoods, view the houses and report back the findings. Hopefully we'll have something finalized soon. Looking at craigslist for houses is getting old real quick!

In the meantime, we're starting to pack and get things all finalized for the big move. I realized this week that every time I've moved to another state I've never seen the house in person. This will be the 4th time that has happened. Good grief. At least the internet helps with seeing pictures so we're not totally blind going into it.

Anyway, hope you all had a good week!

3 comments:

Nicole Ray said...

Hey, what neighborhoods have you been looking at? There are a ton of homes to rent in our neighborhood. If you want I can get some information. I live on the corner of ten mile and mcmillian. We really like the area but guess who is in my ward. Auna Walker, Mike Gooch, Sean Lamb, Tawna Rasmussen. It's crazy! Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the house hunting. We know how that is. I hope everyone begins to feel better soon.

Justin, Jessica, Kyleigh & Mason said...

It was so good to see y'all again. Lexi is absolutely adorable and the boys are so big now I can't believe it!!