It's been a good week. We've done so much that one week feels like its been a month!
About 3 weeks ago, the boys had their first trip to the dentist and they did awesome!! They both cooperated enough to get x-rays done, teeth cleaned, and were examined by the dentist. We went to a pediatric dental office and I was really pleased about the experience there. The doctor asked me if I had any concerns, and I pointed out some discoloration in Tyler's teeth and he told me that it was poorly formed enamel, and had several weak spots in his mouth and a small cavity in his first molar. I was so disappointed! When Bryce was examined, he had the same problems. The doctor sensed my distress and let me know that enamel problems are very common with twins. When I was pregnant with them, there wasn't enough calcium to go around after their bones and everything else had been formed, so unfortunately, their teeth suffered the most. And Provo's water doesn't have fluoride in it so we're not getting that extra boost of strength for them. This Monday, we went back to have their fillings done.
We were given a prescription to fill and had to bring it to the office to be administered there, so the boys could be sedated to have their work done. They were awake the whole time, and on laughing gas, both had no trouble whatsoever and the actual fillings were quick and easy. I stayed in the hall and watched from afar feeling very proud of my little guys. Everything was great until we got home and they started coming "down" from their narcotics. They were a MESS! They couldn't walk straight, I had to hold their hands and be especially careful going up and down the stairs, and their emotions were all over the place. I couldn't take it anymore and tried to put them to bed at 11:00 am to try and sleep off the medicine. I finally got them to sleep and they were so much better when they woke up. I really hope we don't have to have any more work done, but I don't want to put them on those drugs again if I don't have to!
I started reading "The Galway Chronicles" by Bodie Thoene who is one of my favorite authors. It was about Ireland in the 1820's, the attempt at Repeal for self-government from the British, Socio-Economic conditions and lastly the devestation from the rotten potato crops two years in a row. There were 4 books in the series and I finished the last book on Thursday. I'm obsessive compulsive when it comes to reading, I hate it, but I just can't put books down once I start reading them. Marc knows if I start a series that he won't "see" me for several days until I'm done & then everything is back to normal.
Bryce surprised us one night by picking out the "Duck Jammies" to wear to bed. Those of you who have followed the blog will know that these jammies are exclusively Tyler's...The one and only set of clothing that has only been worn by one boy. Tyler was a little upset about it at first, but agreed to let Bryce sleep in them for the night. We knew it was a momentus occassion and needed a picture:
I think its one of the best pictures we've ever gotten of the boys!
On Friday, I got to go meet one of my old Young Women, Nicole Taylor up on campus.
She just started school at BYU. She's living in Heritage Halls (that's where I lived too) so we met up and had a little picnic. It was so much fun!! She looks fabulous, we had a great time chatting, I was overwhelemd by all of the memories of being back in Heritage again and shocked by how well I remembered everything. One of the crazy things is, her family just moved to Boise and they live less than 2 miles away from my parents, in the Hobble Creek subdivision which used to be part of my ward when I was growing up. I think she's going to hitch a ride with us and go up to Boise for the 4th. And as Marc so smartly observed, we have her all to ourselves as our babysitter!! LOL. We don't have to call a month in advance to schedule with her, its great!
Saturday evening, Marc & I got to go on a date (is it still considered a date night if you take a baby with you?) I "won" some hours of babysitting at a little auction they did in Relief Society so we redeemed them and enjoyed a peaceful dinner and beautiful evening together. Our friends Levi & Tana came over and we played games until almost midnight. We were all riled up and having a good ol' time. We played Spades, "Hood" style and I sense a rematch coming in the near future.
I can't believe June is almost over. This summer is going by way too quickly!!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
What a great weekend!
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am glad the boys did so well and you're right I do think the pic of them together is super cute!
Love that picture of the boys in jammies. Buddies forever. So jealous that now you have Nicole, so fun you get to see her - crazy about their proximity to your parents. How fun is that?
Oh I hope my twins don't end up with the same enamel problems! I'm not looking forward to trips to the dentist...
Post a Comment