I have wanted to get a picture of Lexi smiling in her blessing dress (with the pink overcoat) . I had hoped Marc could help me with it, but it seems like life is too chaotic whenever he gets home and there are too many other things that have to happen first. I knew I had to get it taken before she completely outgrew the dress, so I tried to do it myself. I wish I knew more about lighting, because the pictures are too dark for the most part, but my problems were greater than that!
First, I propped her against the arm of the couch but she kept arching her back and sliding down. So I grabbed her little "chair" minus the toy bar and tried to cover it up with the blanket. Ok, she wasn't so fast to slide down, but I still had to act quickly.
Baby in, dress tucked, fluffed, bow tied nice & pretty ok Lexi "SMILE!"
Yeah right mom!! She hated being in that dress!! She was fussing, glaring, and twisting all over the place:
I guess she realized that mom was serious about taking this picture because at least she stopped crying. Then she started playing with the dress, I wanted to show off the dress otherwise it wouldn't have been a big deal:
I finally realized that one of the reasons she was so upset was because her feet were all tangled in the gown, (this is one of the reasons only newborns typically wear these dresses!) We tried a little Marilyn Monroe action:
Ah!! That's much better mom!
I knew I wouldn't get a full length picture of her looking happy. So we did a close up. Sometimes you just can't get your perfect shot, but at least its a close second ;)
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Little Squirt!
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment