We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Go Daddy Go!

Marc ran his first marathon today!

He was out of the house a little before 4:30 this morning, rode his bike over to the Provo Towne Center and caught a bus that took all the runners up into Provo Canyon for the start of the race.

The forecast predicted rain & thunderstorms so we were all quite nervous about the weather, but to our delight, the rain held off until the race was over and it was a very pleasant morning.

I rushed out the door to try and be at the half way point by 8:00, we stayed for about 20 minutes, but I was pretty sure I missed him (found out later we missed him by about 2 minutes!)

We headed out to mile 20 and waited for about an hour for the "yellow shirt" that Bryce & Tyler kept looking for. My brother and his family drove down to help cheer Marc on and they were able to meet up with us.


We followed the runners in the car, stopped once more to get out and cheer


and then drove to the finish line which was at the mall.

He finished strong even though he was hurting really bad. We were so appreciative to Jason & Jen and their kids who made the effort to come down and support him. I'm super proud of my husband and that he could achieve such an ambitious goal! Way to go babe!

3 comments:

Ducksfly2gether said...

FIRST marathon? Does that mean there are more to come? St. George? We are in the middle of training for the St. George marathon, and wondering what's harder- the time commitment of training, or the actual marathon?

Julie G. said...

Training was hard to stay focused on, especially with a family that I tried to keep #1. However, the last 6 miles were some of the hardest minutes I have experienced. There is an awesome feeling of accomplishment when you arrive at the finish, no matter what your time or physical state.

Whitney Blake said...

That is so awesome Marc!! You don't even look tired in any of these pictures. I remember Lane saying those last miles were the hardest too!! I think it's because you are so close but so far away at the same time. Way to go, that is so great!