We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Boys

.

Bryce has this new favorite get up that he wears every day and I think it's adorable. His yellow hat and "lell-o glasses". I love how Bryce will pick up new things and just start doing them. He cracks me up. We were giving hugs before bedtime last night and for the first time he said "love you dadda, love you mama" without us having to ask him to do it. I just wanted to keep him scooped up in my arms and love on him forever, it melted my heart!!



So we took off the front of Tyler's bed on Sunday night and he now has a "big boy bed" that he's pretty excited about. So far (knock on wood) he has stayed in his bed at night and doesn't get out until the morning. I'm still having problems in the afternoon with naps and I'm not sure what exactly to do about it. For at least 18 months now I've been separating the boys during naptime and Bryce sleeps in his crib in the bedroom and Tyler sleeps in the packn'play in the playroom. It has worked really well for all of us until this last week which has turned Tyler into a little holy terror. He won't stay in his bed and then he screams and screams each time I go to put him back in it. It's a hard situation when he's tired and screaming, I'm tired and screaming, and Bryce is yelling at us from his room. If I wear them out to the point of exhaustion in the morning I have a chance of getting them to sleep, if not, it's pure chaos.
One funny story about Tyler that I've been meaning to post. A couple of weeks ago I put Tyler in time out because he was playing in the dog water. Time out for us consists of sitting on the stairs for two minutes, then I go and explain to them why they are in time out, they tell me they are sorry and give me a hug. We were playing in the family room when out of nowhere, he grabs his stuffed elephant and tells him "no water! time out!" he proceeded to take the elephant to the stairs, left him there, went back a few seconds later to tell him "no dog water, time out, sorry" then brings him back to the family room. I couldn't help laughing it was hilarious. It's the cute little moments that keep you going!

1 comment:

Nick & Steph said...

That story about Tyler is hilarious! So cute. Sorry, I have no advice on the naps. I'm not there yet.