When the boys wake up in the mornings I usually hear them singing, chatting with each other and jumping in their cribs and when they start crying that's when I'll go grab them. So Monday morning, I was laying in bed waiting for the crying and I could hear one of them playing with the door handle. In my semi-conscience state of mind, I thought it was Bryce leaning over his crib and trying to reach it (because his crib is closest to the door). But all of the sudden here comes Tyler bolting out of his room & running down the hall like a happy little lark. He had climbed out of his crib and opened the door--both first time occurrences. This is what I've been dreading!!! I'm not ready to move the boys to beds yet! When I move them to beds I lose control of the sleeping thing and I don't know if I'm ready to give that up yet. Ugh....I knew it was coming but I was hoping it wouldn't be for a few more months. He climbed out again this morning so it wasn't like it was a fluky one time only thing.
Anybody have any tips for making the transition to a big boy bed??
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Escape Artist
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh no!! I'm dreading this moment too!! I have a sister in law who turned the doorknow around so that the lock was on the outside--that way you get to lock them in the room! Not sure if it's recommended or not, but it worked for her!
It is not too bad... after you get past the first week. You have to spend a lot of time getting the boys back in bed that first week, but once they learn they will just go back in the bed if they get out... they will end up staying in bed. Keith now still calls for me from his bed in the morning. He has been in a big bed for about a month now... it is going super! Also... sorry we talked about the big boy bed thing... maybe we opened our mouth too soon! Hang in there!
Oh no! I'm dreading that day too. Hopefully it doesn't come for awhile, though. Good luck!
Post a Comment