We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

I love the 4th of July! It is one of my favorite holidays. My family always spent the day doing fun things together and always ended it with fireworks and I'm pretty sure I want to continue with the tradition in my family.
We started the morning eating breakfast with the other members of our church. We had eggs, sausage, doughnuts, muffins, fruit, and juice. It was yummy! Tyler especially couldn't eat it all fast enough. Bryce hasn't been feeling very well the last couple of days and since it was raining we decided to forgo the parade and get a little rest at home. We played, napped, watched Aladdin, and got the house ready for a small get together at our place. Marc helped me make a fruit pizza (it was delicious!) and our house was transformed into a chaotic mess to looking somewhat presentable!
Some of our friends came over and we chatted, ate desserts, and then did a small firework show out in the street (The rain finally stopped, we were so relieved!)The kids loved throwing the little "snaps" all of them kept swarming me saying "I want one!" We had a nice assortment of fountains, ground blooms, tanks, parachuters, and even some sparklers for the kids. I was really surprised that all of the kids held a sparkler! The average age was 2 so the chances were pretty high that they'd be totally freaked out, but they all held more than 1. I wasn't watching Bryce carefully enough when his sparkler was done and he touched the part that had just burned, the poor little guy. He's got a little blister in the shape of a sparkler stick on his finger so hopefully it heals quickly. We took advantage of the neighbors who had purchased huge fireworks and watched those from the street for a little while before we finally put our tired munchkins into bed. Mom and dad aren't too far behind them!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks again for the fun time! The Powder Keg just made the holiday for me. You got some great pictures too!

P.S. I am obviously totally unobservant, but when did Marc get braces?

Whitney Blake said...

What a fun time! I also love the 4th of July. There is something to be said about fireworks that really help make it feel more like a celebration.

Julie G. said...

Marc's had braces for 3 years now, lol! He gets them off September 10, happy day!!