Have you ever watched TLC's "A Baby Story"? I have to admit, I've watched it a couple of times and I always cry when the baby is born! I don't know why, but I wanted to share my baby story. So if you're not interested don't read it! :)
I had always thought that getting pregnant would happen right when I was ready to have it happen. Marc & I both felt strongly about completing our education before we started our family, so we waited a little bit. But after I finished my last final it was like this wave of intense emotion came over me that I wanted a baby and I wanted it right then. We moved to Cincinnati and settled into new jobs. I took a job at a place called "Fetal Fotos" where they do 3D ultrasounds, make videos and all that stuff. If I thought I was baby hungry before, this job did nothing to help with that intense desire, only made it so much worse! The company wasn't very successful, and I ended up switching jobs to work as a medical records clerk at University Orthopedics. The pay and benefits were awesome, but I hated every minute that I was there. I was really stressed out, miserable, and felt even worse because it had been over a year that we had been trying to have a baby and nothing had happened. I put a call in to my OB Dr. to start doing a little bit of testing to see why we were having such difficulty. Then, to my astonishment and absolute delight the pregnancy test showed two lines for the very first time. I had to buy several more before I really believed it. In our joy, we started "window shopping" for cribs and I filled out one of those pregnancy calendars. I was about 7 weeks along, and got home from work and started to bleed. I can't even describe how scared and worried I was that I was going to lose the baby. Marc gave me a blessing and told me about trusting in the "Lord's Will" I knew what that was, but wasn't ready to let go of the dream that was fleeting like sand through my fingers. After hours of pleading to Heavenly Father to not take the baby, I finally accepted that I needed to find peace and just let go. When I finally said, OK, if this is your will, I can live with it, that's when I knew the baby was no longer alive and an ultrasound confirmed that. One of the hardest things for me was that I was treated like a statistic "one out of every five pregnancies results in miscarriages" that's great and all but that was no comfort to the feeling of utter loss and disappointment that I was experiencing. We tried for almost 10 months to get pregnant again and nothing....I put in another call to the Dr. to start testing and Wallah! Two lines on the stick again. We were going out to Boise so we decided to tell my family while we were out there, and it was so fun to see the everyone's reactions and just feel the joy and happiness from everyone. A couple of weeks later I started bleeding at work. I had hoped it was just "spotting." I called the Dr. and since I wasn't having any cramping they weren't too worried about me. The next morning the bleeding had stopped, I was so relieved! But then it came back with a vengeance through the evening and I was in the most pain that I had ever been in. Marc took me to the Dr. and we were able to do a D&C at the office instead of going to the hospital. I think I was just numb to everything. That's the feeling I remember the most was no emotion at all. My family and our close friends who we had told were so supportive. Nobody knows what to say when someone's had a miscarriage but what I appreciated was that they just let me knew that they cared about me, that they too were sad for my loss and they acknowledged that it is a big loss.
So....not wanting to wait another 10 months just to get pregnant and potentially lose the baby again, and the Dr.'s wanting to keep a close eye & monitor my next pregnancy closely, we decided to go ahead & try chlomid. We conceived on the 2nd cycle. At 7 weeks of pregnancy they wanted to do an ultrasound to look for a heartbeat since I've never gotten that far. I can't explain the joy of seeing a little black and white speck pulsing but I was so overcome by that, I didn't realize the technician had found another embryo, we were having twins! Marc bought me two bouquets of flowers that night for Baby A & Baby B. Since then, we have always felt that the boys just didn't want to come down by themselves they needed to be together.
I know this is long and boring already so I'll try to hurry up. My pregnancy went so well! I loved being pregnant. I loved feeling the babies move inside me and the anticipation of their arrival. I LOVED shopping for the babies and buying things (probably a little too much!) I kept waiting to go on bed rest and never did. I was miserable by about 35 weeks. I would sit in the tub and cry because I just wanted them out of me! I couldn't sleep, I could hardly get around, I was too big to drive my truck! I even bribed my doctor with Family Portraits if he would just take them out that day. He just laughed at me and said let's see what happens. Finally, at 38 weeks they decided if I hadn't delivered by Wed. the 11th that they would induce me. I went into labor on Sunday night. I woke up at about 12:30 and knew the contractions meant business. We timed them for about an hour and a half then called the Dr. and he said to go to the hospital. I was admitted by about 4:30, my water broke about an hour later and we were rolling! I was ready for an epidural about 7:00 am and the anesthesiologist tried three times to get the epidural in. She said my blood vessels were the largest she had ever seen in her career, because they were so big it was difficult to find the exact spot without causing damage. She left to find another Dr. to help her and Marc gave me a blessing. The next Dr. was able to put the needle right in. I started pushing at 1:00. They wheeled me into the OR. Marcus Dee Tyler Glutz was born first at 2:26 PM he was 6 lbs. 2 oz and 19 inches long. We had expected Baby B to drop head first (he was transverse horizontally across my rib cage) but he dropped feet first instead. The Dr. went in & grabbed his ankles and delivered him feet first. Robert Bryce Glutz was born at 2:47 he was 8 lbs 2 oz and 21 inches long!! When they held him up all I saw was a chubby little baby with a head full of hair! I lost a lot of blood during delivery and apparently I'm really anemic. Thursday morning I had a blood transfusion and we were all able to go home on Friday.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Tyler & Bryce's "Baby Story"
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing! I can not belive it was about 2 years ago when we were both going through all of the baby things!!!
That story was not boring at all! I am so happy for you and Marc. After all you went through, I'm glad you got 2 babies. Twins are such a blessing. I have to admit that I watch A Baby Story sometimes, too and my husband said I'm going to have to stop because it's making me baby hungry and the twins are only 7 months old!
Oh my goodness, thanks for sharing. What a wonderful story. I had no idea you had such trouble, I know for myself that is a big worry for me. You were so strong and had such a positive attitude you really give hope and confidence to those who are trying. Great pics but the way(:
Wow--quite the story! How wonderful for you and Marc. Tyler and Bryce are two very lucky little boys to have you and Marc as parents!!
Post a Comment