Today we sold Betsy, my little blue pickup truck that I've had for almost 11 years! That's almost half my life. Betsy & I have shared some great memories together. I learned how to drive a stick by stalling her around my backyard. I picked up my first date in Betsy (who happened to be Blake Rule at MORP) Skipped school and tailgated in Betsy. Crammed loads of friends in her to road trip and hang out. We loaded her up and moved all my stuff to Utah for the first time, then to 3 other apartments, and two homes here in Cincinnati. I drove Betsy on my first major date with Marc (we drove up to Lagoon, a little amusement park, together). Marc tried to kill her by dragging her behind the moving truck on our way out to Cincinnati. She was just being stubborn and didn't want to move out east. After a surprise resurrection and a new engine she's spent the last 4 years faithfully getting us around and helping other people. I remember Marc pushing her down the street numerous times because the only way to get her started was to get a running start and pop the clutch. Even being as old as she was, she was in great shape and only had 88,000 miles! I loved my truck. I'm sad to see her go. I hope her new owners take good care of her.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Good/Sad Day
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I remember your truck! A sad day indeed...farewell to Betsy!
OHHHHH.... the memories! You sold my memories. I can not believe it!
Oh I remember that truck at college. Wow. Goodbye Betsy. I can't imagine how attached you are to Betsy--I'm attached to my car and I've only had it for 4 yrs!
Post a Comment