We blessed Isabel on Sunday, November 3rd.
We had a small luncheon before church with family and our friends the Sorenson's. I wanted things to be as easy as possible! We served sandwich items on rolls from Costco, a veggie tray, potato chips, chocolate dipped strawberries, and Costco cookies. A few people brought side dishes, which was really thoughtful and unexpected.
There was just enough time to mingle and eat before it was time to go to the church. Marc's parents had gone over earlier to save a few pews. There was quite the group! We had more family at this blessing than any of the other kids. However, this was also the first time that we've lived in the same state as my parents and brothers at the time of a baby blessing!
Marc did a wonderful job. The blessing was sweet. Isabel cooperated well for the actual blessing, though she was kind of a stinker when she was being passed around for other people to hold her.
Things afterwards were a little crazy! I had to teach Sunday School, so I didn't really have a chance to say goodbye to everyone like I wanted to. I appreciated the efforts made by so many family members to be there. It meant so much to me to have their love and support on this special day!
Our little girl sure looked beautiful in her dress! My Aunt Connie made her little booties especially for the blessing
She was not thrilled about having her picture taken. Bob and I worked pretty hard to try and make her happy and she would have none of it! Oh well. Such is the life when working with infants!

2 comments:
I might have missed it. My reading has been sporadic but did you end up making a new dress?
Jaclyn, I did end of making a new dress. When Marc's mom came out to help us, we bought fabric and I put it together. I'm glad I did, I think I would have regretted not making Isabel her own special dress :)
Post a Comment