May 4 is our special day. We celebrated 11 years this year! Our anniversary fell on a Saturday, a busy Saturday at that with a soccer game, and other activities going on. Marc and I debated whether to celebrate it with the kids, without the kids, not celebrate it, go stay somewhere again, or just a quick date night. The day of, we still hadn't decided anything!
I was talking with my mom about when a good time would be to take Tyler and Bryce out for their birthday dinner, she said, well what about tonight? I said tonight works, but would it be too much of a bother if Lexi comes too? Since the babysitting was provided, I told Marc I wanted to eat at the cheesecake factory and that was that :)
Dinner was tasty. I had the chicken and shrimp bang bang, and Marc had the jambalaya. We opted to skip dessert (which we almost never do at the cheesecake factory) because we were going to grab a tuxedo cake when we were picking up the kids.
As we were leaving the mall area, I noticed a bunch of signs saying Toysrus was moving and everything was priced at 50% or more on clearance. We decided to check it out since we didn't have anything for the boys' birthdays yet. We were surprised at the amount of inventory they still had. We were deciding between a few different things, when in walks my mother with Tyler and Bryce. Good heavens! I guess she had the same idea we did and was there to let them pick out their presents. We scurried to hide the things we were looking at for them and tried our best to inconspicuously go through the check out line without them seeing anything. We were successful :)
Since we were all right there (Lexi and my dad were waiting in the car in the parking lot) We just drove home from the store, which was a bummer because we never got the tuxedo cake!!
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Happy Anniversary!
Posted by
Julie
at
Wednesday, August 07, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh no! I know how much you love your tuxedo cake! But I am glad you got to celebrate at least a little bit. :)
Post a Comment