We've had a cooler summer this year than normal. I'm not complaining too much, except our deadline was approaching that our free tickets to the water park would expire and it has been too cold to play at the water park!
We finally had our first 90 degree day on Thursday and the weather was supposed to stay warm through the weekend, so I used my day off on Friday to take the kids to Roaring Springs. I've been debating what to do with Lexi. She was too little to go on the slides with the boys, but since she's 3, she's free.....My mom said that she'd be willing to pick Lexi up from the water park and take her back to her house to play for awhile and that sounded like the perfect solution.
I didn't tell the kids we were going there until we pulled into the parking lot. They were so excited! We were there right as it opened, so were lucky enough to get our own beach chairs.
The 3 kids had a really fun time playing in the "kiddie" area together. They had some smaller slides that were perfect for Lexi to go down by herself. The boys were sweet about helping her and playing together.
We enjoyed going around the lazy river and just hanging out together. When the kids started getting hungry, we went out to the car to eat our lunch (weren't allowed to bring it in the park) and my mom met us to take Lexi home with her.
Tyler, Bryce and I went back in for some serious sliding. The first ride we went on was a raft ride that all of us could go on together. We went through this pitch back slide that dropped and turned and freaked us out just long enough before it opened up and turned perfectly to splash us all. We got out and Tyler exclaims "That was AWESOME!!"
The next slide we had to grab some mats and we got to race down this steep slide at the same time. I was freaked out at the top, but once we pushed off, it was fun! My least favorite was more pitch black slides that you slid down on your back. The boys had a good time going off the "drop off slides". They are about 2" shy of being able to ride all of the slides there, so they were kind of disappointed about that. The lines were getting longer and longer by this point, so we went down the raft slide again, then ended the day with the wave pool.
The boys kept asking when we could go back. Considering I had to pay $30 just to get myself in, I told them as long as they kept earning their tickets through reading we'd go back (here's hoping Roaring Springs keeps offering their reader reward programs!) We had a really fun time and hopefully they'll grow just enough to make the 48" height requirement so they can ride all the rides next year :)
1 comment:
We have got to give that place a try!
Post a Comment