We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation

I'm a little out of chronological order, so I'm trying to play a little bit of catch up.

 The boys had their Kindergarten Graduation on Tuesday, May 22nd. It was the same time as I was teaching swim lessons, I debated just skipping it, but decided to get a sub so Marc and I could go and support them.

After all the parents were seated, the teachers led the kids in while the song "Celebrate Good Times" was playing.


Bryce was super excited,

 Tyler was nervous.

 Both classes sang "Down By the Bay" together, and they had a few kids do a solo rhyming part. Bryce sang/said "Have you ever seen a bear, combing his hair?" We couldn't see him, and it took a me a second to realize it was him saying it!

The classes each took turns singing a song. Tyler's class sang "10 in the Bed"
 Bryce's class did the ABC actions like "P, popcorn, puh puh puh" as they did popping motions.

After that, each child got called up one at a time by the Principal, they shook her hand, then got their "diploma" from their teacher. When Tyler was called, he nearly knocked over the principal he was so excited
 Bryce played his part cool:
 Both boys showing off their little diplomas:
 Official 1st Graders! (Yikes!!)
 Here is Bryce with his teacher, Mrs. Belles. We LOVED her! She did an amazing job and was a pleasure to go in and volunteer for:
 This is Tyler with his teacher Ms. Bright. She cared about the kids immensely, but really struggled with the transition from teaching 4th grade to teaching Kindergarten. I helped in her class every Tuesday and it was always an adventure! Kohl's had some Eric Carle hardcover books on clearance for $2.50!! We had the boys write in them and give them to their teachers.
 These are the "Graduation" pictures inside their diplomas.

There was punch and cookies to eat afterwards. The boys were so excited. We were glad we had attended, we would have really regretted not going. I can't believe I have two first graders now! Craziness!!

No comments: