We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Milestones

These two little monkeys are getting way too big! It's not very often they dress themselves in the same outfit so I grabbed a picture:

On Monday, April 11th we had Kindergarten Registration. I have to admit, it pulled on my heartstrings more than I thought it would! I got a little emotional throughout the day but tried to hold it together.
I've really struggled with our options for Kindergarten. We live in Vallivue School District out here in Caldwell, which covers a HUGE school boundary. To help eliminate transportation costs, they have decided to have Kindergarten full day, but only 2-3 times a week. You go Monday Tuesday one week, and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday the next week. (Or Thursday Friday depending on which schedule you are on). The kids in our neighborhood get on the bus on 7:00 in the morning, school starts at 8 and they don't get home until 3:00 in the afternoon. I'm ok with the all day schedule. It will be rough for us for the first few weeks, but the kids will acclimate. It's the not going to school every day consistently that I've really had a problem with.

Our other option that I weighed pretty heavily was a public charter school that is just being built (kiddie corner from the YMCA) and in its pilot year starting in the Fall. When I first heard of the school they were offering two kindergarten classes with 30 students each. That really turned me off, so I did not take advantage of open registration. I just now found out that they changed it to 20 students but registration is closed. The advantage to this school is that it is in Caldwell School District, which still has the traditional half day kindergarten schedule and they are trying to integrate a bilingual curriculum. I think I may try to put our names on the waiting list just to have a backup option.

Either way, both Tyler & Bryce are very excited to start school in the fall. I know they are going to do great and I'm excited for them to embark on this new adventure.

And on a side note,
I ran 10 miles tonight for the first time EVER! Gina really worked me tonight and we hammered out 10 big ones. I had high hopes that the new shoes I bought would help alleviate the knee pain that I'm having, but it still ails me. I fought through it and it did get a little better as we continued running. I'm hoping its nothing serious and that it will get less bothersome as I continue to ease into the higher mileage. If it wasn't for Gina, I probably would have walked myself home when it started hurting around 4 miles instead of gutting out the next 6. We finished really strong, giving it all we had and now I'm officially dead and need to get find some ice.

And one other note that I'm almost nervous to put out there, Lexi has been in underwear since Saturday and only wearing a pull-up at night. Accident free and all. I think she's really gotten the hang of it!! Trying to contain a squeal and really crossing my fingers that its going to last!!!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Awesome! When David started Kindergarten, I cried. Your mom is a sweetie!