I celebrated my 29th birthday last Monday, March 28th. I really can't believe that next year I'm going to be 30! I can't believe how quickly this journey goes. Sometimes it feels like one year is forever away and then all of the sudden you look back and can hardly believe 5 years has gone by.
On my birthday, Marc let me stay in bed in the morning, and made me french toast with strawberries and whipped cream on top, yum! Bryce wouldn't touch it. Not normal for him. He's a huge breakfast eater...and when there's whipped cream involved? I mean come on! Something was definitely up. He was complaining that his throat was hurting. The last time he wouldn't eat, had a fever and complained his throat hurt he had strep. So I made the phone call to the doctor and we went and had him tested just in case. But that included driving into Boise and spending a good chunk of our day there. Negative strep test, phew! Wasn't ready to deal with that. And while we were there, Bryce had some plantar warts treated with liquid nitrogen. He was a trooper. The doctor was very impressed with how well he tolerated it and how brave he was. It's a pretty severe case, we're going to have to do several treatments, poor guy!
Came home, Lexi took a nap. I think I may have taken a nap too while the boys had quiet time downstairs. We picked up Marc and got to go out to eat to a Restaurant. Not a lot of choices in the Nampa/Caldwell area, so we went with Red Robin. It was ok. Pricey for burgers, but a fun atmosphere for the kids and family friendly so that's why we went with it. Marc put the kids in bed while I went for a run and we snuggled in and watched The Amazing Race together. Pretty low key day, but I felt special and loved, which is was matters :)
Saturday, April 2, 2011
29 and doing fine
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Saturday, April 02, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment