In a triathlon, you swim:Bike:
And Run:
This year I was most confident about the swim part of the race. I felt great in the water, really strong, and knew the distance would not be an issue. I was ecstatic on Friday night when I swam a 750 yard race in 13:46, that's 5 minutes faster than last year!! I posted the 4th best swim time in my age division (out of 19 females ages 20-29). Marc also had a fantastic swim time of 11:04. Both of us were quite pleased that all of our efforts in the pool over the last year have paid off.
Ironic that we were both more nervous about biking/running. It's been a very cold spring so far in Boise and we just haven't had enough time out on our bikes yet. We started the race by our swim times so when the timer read 11:04 Marc got to run out and get his bike and start his ride. Then 2 minutes later I was off, in the pouring rain. It was cold and nasty! I found myself starting out in a huge pack of men. I just couldn't keep up with them, then spent the rest of my race being passed, mostly by the men who had slower swim times than me, but I couldn't sustain a fast enough pace to keep me competitive. I felt like the course was more difficult coming back than going out. I was really struggling with the hills and just wanted off the bike! The run didn't get much better for me. It stopped raining when I was about half way through it, but since we were in the foothills, it was muddy and steep. It was painful going uphill. I just didn't have much left in me. Marc on the other hand, crushed the run! He had a fantastic race and felt really good about his times. I improved by a minute on the bike and another minute on the run. I have to focus on the successes and just keep working hard. Overall, it was rewarding to be racing again. Next up, our 1/2 marathons, yikes!
Monday, April 11, 2011
Spring Sprint Triathlon
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Monday, April 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YAEY!!!!!! You go, Girl! That is impressive. Good for you.
Post a Comment