Our T-Ball experience was short lived and most disappointing. When I signed up, I didn't realize it was only for 3 weeks and not the 4 that I had originally thought it was. We received a phone call telling us to meet behind the YMCA in the baseball fields out back, so even though it was drizzling rain when we showed up, we threw on some sweatshirts and braved the weather. The class was supposed to start at 9:00, and after waiting for 10 minutes, there was only a handful of kids outside, so one of the coaches finally went inside to find all of the rest of the kids. Apparently, the front staff had been telling everyone that class would be inside and to go the gym. A little while later, all the kids, their parents, and siblings came filing out, we were just about to get started and this mother comes up and starts yelling at the person running it because how dare he have class outside in the rain when there are little kids involved. Whatever. They proceed to march everyone back inside into the little gym. We're now about 25 minutes late getting class started (out of a 50 minute class). What happened next was complete chaos. The person running it was trying to start the class curriculum as if we had the full amount of time, so he was trying to get the kids to stretch, and run around the bases, etc. Then, there were 17 preschoolers just standing around, 1 tee, and a couple of balls that they were trying to get the kids to catch. At the very end, they came and grabbed my kids and had them each take a turn at the tee. I was fuming. We normally get a discount on all the classes at the YMCA, but for some reason pee wee sports was excluded, so I spent full price on 2 kids to play t-ball for just 3 weeks, and the first class was a complete joke and utter waste of time. I went up the person running it after class and asked him what I could do about a refund. He was quite flustered and said to either call him or e-mail him later that day and he'd get it taken care of.
I typed out a lovely e-mail expression my frustrations, why I was disappointed, and why I wanted to withdraw my kids and ask for a complete refund, I even went on to say that I would never recommend the class to anyone, and that is saying a lot considering my husband sometimes teaches t-ball at the YMCA downtown. I sent it to Marc first to make sure I wasn't just over-reacting, and he was very good about listening and helping to make a few changes. He gave me the e-mails of the supervisor/director above the one that was running it and I sent it to all 3 of them. It just left a sour impression upon me. I couldn't believe that someone could run a class like that and think parents would just tolerate it. If I don't speak up, then they wouldn't change anything and that was my biggest reason for complaining and asking to take my kids out, to make a point.
Sunday, June 27, 2010
T-Ball
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment