We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

It seems like the long weekends don't seem long enough! Marc had a race he was working at until late Saturday afternoon. He got home in time for us to go out to the Grocery Store, pick up my parent's dog from the kennel for them, get Goldie home, unload the car, make dinner, and put the kids to bed. I was able to get out and run 5 miles that night. This is a huge accomplishment for me. 3 miles has really been the most I've ever done. I did 5 once before, but I had to walk a little bit of it. This time, I ran the entire thing and felt pretty good, although I was stiff the next day.

On Sunday, we ALL took naps which was heavenly. I love a good Sunday afternoon nap! After dinner, we met up with my parents to go see my Grandpa Galloway's grave site. He passed away in 2005 and this was the first time I've been to visit his headstone. I was grateful for the moments to remember him, and some of my favorite things about him. His white hair, red cheery cheeks, always telling a story to anyone who would listen, gentle yet fiery personality, and competitive as all get out. He loved to garden, to get out and get his hands dirty, and he loved God and His Savior Jesus Christ.

Monday morning, I got out for a bike ride with my sister-in-law Jen. We considered ourselves pretty hard core, since we were out in the rain and battling a strong headwind, but it felt good to get out and we were appreciative of Marc who watched all the kids for us so we could get out by ourselves. That afternoon, we went out with my brother Jason and my Mom to visit my Grandpa Casper's grave site. It was pouring rain while we were out at the cemetery, and had a bunch of kids to try and keep somewhat reverent, so we didn't stay very long. We visited my Grandma in her new apartment for a brief little bit, stopped to grab some last minute things for the BBQ that night and got home long enough to rest for a minute before heading back out to Jason's for a family BBQ.

And so we're back to the grind of the work week! I'm grateful for the chance to pause and remember those fallen heroes and loved ones who sacrificed so much for us today. May they always be remembered.

No comments: