We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to my boys!

Tyler & Bryce turned 4 years old today!! I cannot believe how quickly my kids are growing up, I know every parent says that, but now I know why!! I am always saddened with every new milestone, but excited for them at the same time.

Tyler continues to make every one around him fall in love with him. He is so funny, he loves to be silly and has this big old belly laugh which makes us all laugh just hearing it. He is very sensitive to others' feelings and gets very concerned when someone is not happy. Tyler is very sincere, especially when he prays. We never know what he is going to pray about, but you know that it will be honest & heartfelt, even if he is saying "thank you for the napkins" he really means it. I can't keep up with his imagination. He lives in a world of make-believe and can play all day with his "super dogs" a pretend airplane and his white blankies. When my mom comes over, his favorite game to play is "Big Bad Wolf" where he pretends he's a little pig in a house and the wolf (my mom) has to come huff and puff and try to blow his house over. Tyler makes friends very easily, age doesn't matter to him, I'll often find him at the park playing with 8 & 9 year olds (as long as they'll tolerate him). He surprised us all yesterday when he was able to go the farthest and fastest on his bike as the boys biked down the green belt and we jogged beside them. I'm excited to see what talents develop over the next few years. He always gets up when he falls and keeps going. He's our little buddy.

Bryce has really matured this year. He understands so much more than I realize. Bryce loves the scriptures and learning about Jesus. His primary teachers tells us frequently how blown away they are by his knowledge and ability to express himself. Bryce loves to be right and he loves to be recognized for his intelligence. At 4 years old he thinks he knows everything and gets very upset if something is happening that he doesn't think should happen. For instance, last week it was really cold and I made him wear pants and a jacket to go outside and he was throwing a tantrum because "Its spring, its not supposed to be cold in the spring!" You should have seen his hand gestures and how dramatic it was as he tried to explain to me why he was so upset. Bryce is very mechanical, he lives in a world of building ramps, tracks, houses, fences, and roads to drive things on. He's easy to read, and easy to love. He is more reserved at first when it comes to making friends, but he cherishes those friends he does make. He is very coordinated, this has really improved in the last year. I'm excited to start putting him in sports and seeing where he will excel and what he likes. He is a caring brother and a helpful son. Every day he asks me what he can do for me, and he gets so excited about unloading the dishwasher or carrying in the groceries. I love seeing the sense of pride & satisfaction in his face.

Twins, at this point, are great! I love that my boys have each other. They are so good to one another. Of course we have our fights and struggles, but they are always kind & gentle in the end. The hardest thing about twins at this time, is the expense of having two kids the same age. It's not one bike that we can pass down to the next brother, it's two bikes. Two sets of new shoes, two swimsuits, two sets of presents on the same day, two registration fees, etc. They are so much easier than when they were babies, but there are always different challenges.

Happy Birthday my sweet boys! I sure love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday boys. I wish you a wonderful year.