Today is our 8th Anniversary!
We were talking to the kids this morning about our wedding day. I was remembering that I was halfway to the temple when we turned around to get the veil that I had forgotten. My dad was so calm about it, I don't think any of us kids have ever gotten to the temple on our wedding day the first attempt out the door, lol. We showed up at the Boise temple to find a very nervous fiance anxiously pacing at the front door. As soon as we saw each other, there was instant peace & excitement! I remember going inside, not having a clue where I was going but knowing that the workers there would help me get to where I needed to be. We signed the necessary papers, and I was taken back to the bridal dressing room which I had all to myself. My mom helped me get the wedding dress all zipped up and all the ceremonial clothes on properly. Marc and I were rushed through a veil ceremony and led to the celestial room inside the temple to wait until it was time to start. What a sweet memory, sitting together, holding hands, not having a clue what lay in front of us for the future, but knowing we would be doing it together and that's all that mattered. When it was time, they came and got us and led us into the sealing room. I remember stepping inside and instantly feeling the love of all of the people in the room that were there to support us. It was overwhelming! I smile and laugh as I think about that day, it was absolutely perfect. We were surrounded by friends and family who love us and who had made a great effort to be there. We had fun CELEBRATING! What a great start to this journey in life we're going through together. We still don't know what lay in front of us for the future, but what matters is we have each other and that's what matters most.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Happy Anniversary!
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Tuesday, May 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats on your anniversary.
I love that picture! You and Marc are perfect for each other. :-)
Post a Comment