For Christmas, I received 2 really special gifts. The first was a doll from my great grandmother that has been passed down from mother to daughter and my mom gave it to me this year. She's a little antique porcelain doll that is now stored proudly in my curio. The second, was a set of 3 glass ornaments that were my paternal grandparents and hung on their tree for over 50 years. We were given one for each of our children to have. I put them up on the computer desk to keep safe until we packed up Christmas. Apparently they weren't safe enough. This new little "water plane" had a crash landing and smashed one of the ornaments. I was just sick about it. I'm most disappointed that we won't have enough for all of the kids to have their own now. The culprit felt really bad about it, but he'll still continue to throw things in the house, after all, he's his father's child. I blame myself for not keeping them safe enough, but I guess that's life. No matter how hard you try to protect the things that are special to you, you can't control the things that are thrown at them and will hurt them.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Let it go....
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment