We were told to take advantage of our medical coverage while we had it (advice from my case worker) so have we ever! So far in the month of January we've had 1 baby check up, two adult physicals, one spine x-ray, 4 dental check ups and cleanings, two eye exams and possible physical therapy for my back, hence the x-ray.
Being a part of medicaid makes me so scared about the blanket health coverage bills that are trying to be passed. I hate being on medicaid. I hate that I can only see certain dr.'s, get certain glasses, and receive certain services because that is what the state has deemed appropriate. I hate the attitudes I receive from receptionists because I'm on medicaid, they honestly treat you like a second-class citizen and are extremely rude. My sister-in-law told me "you get what you pay for" and she's so right. I definitely agree that there needs to be some changes about the accessibility of health insurance and that nobody should be denied quality health care because of their economic status, but to have a government run health care system is not the option I choose!! There has to be a better way. And can I just say that I miss my Dr.'s in Cincinnati? They are irreplaceable and in my opinion some of the best in the country. I wasn't thrilled with any of the Dr.'s we saw here, so the limited search continues. Anyone out there in Boise have some good referrals for me?
Friday, January 22, 2010
I'd like to make an appointment please
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally understand what you're saying. We have medicaid and I always have felt like I'm treated like a loser. They look at you like you just sit around and do nothing. Little do they no, right. It's hard when you're very limited on healthcare. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I know exactly how you feel.
Post a Comment