We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July Weekend Part 2

Saturday morning, Marc woke up at the crack of dawn so he could go swimming in open water and a run with my brothers....remember my crazy "iron man" brother, yeah, bad influence! LOL. Marc said it was one of his favorite parts of the trip (waking up at 5:30 to go swimming in freezing cold lake water not my idea of a good time, but whatever floats your boat!)

I got breakfast started, we were feeding 18 people that morning and with a little help I managed to get pancakes, bacon, eggs, and little smokies out HOT to everyone. After we got everything cleaned up, we got lunches packed, kids lathered up, and cars jammed full for our float trip down the Boise River.

The float trip was so much fun!! It was just so peaceful, relaxing, and charming. The kids enjoyed themselves tremendously. There was a lot of boat jumping going on, if the water was warmer I'm sure the kids would have swam a lot more, but they were content to just hang off the side of the boat, Tyler even tried to dangle his legs in the water, he wants to be just like the big kids! Scott & Codi had the biggest raft and consequently, all the kids wanted to be in their boat. It was dubbed "The Party Boat" even Tyler wanted to ride in it and given the choice between staying with Mom, or riding in the party boat, he said with a smile on his face, "I wanna ride in the Party Boat!!"

I took a separate car so I could race home and feed the baby. I've been having trouble pumping lately, I pump and pump but nothing comes out. This is a new issue for me, I've never had trouble pumping, but for some reason no milk is coming out....hope its only temporary. I had a couple of ounces for her, but she was pretty mad at Grandma that there wasn't anymore! I came home and she wasn't screaming, so that was a relief :)

1 comment:

Celeste@MomBodFitness said...

That looks like so much fun. I want to buy a raft now for our family! Im jealous of the open water swim...maybe not the cold water, but I'm so looking forward to training for another tri. Soon, soon, soon.