We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Part 3 (of 3)

Those of you still willing to stay with me through this long 3 part post will be relieved that this is the last pictures of the weekend!

After everyone was well-rested, we continued with the festivities. My Mom and I did a little pedicure,

some of the kids got to go on 4-wheeler rides with Grandpa. My dad and I mixed the batter for homeade icecream and we finished getting everything ready for dinner. We took a few group pictures of the kids:






We fed 30 people for dinner (all of us, my two grandmas, aunts and uncles and kids of my cousins). While the adults finished eating, the little kids had a blast in the backyard. Tyler & Nathan found a little leak in the hose that was spraying and they'd take turns sticking their heads in it, drinking it and just laughing and having a good time:


All 4 little boys tried to play tether ball. It mainly resulted in multiple knocks in the face, but they had a good time feeling like they were "big boys"

Tyler & Nathan were giving each other the biggest hugs just out of the blue. Cousins are just special!

The bigger kids participated in an "obstacle course" which featured a homemade slip n'slide and more. After a treasure hunt, waterballoon toss, cake & icecream, it was finally time for the firework show:


I didn't take too many pictures of fireworks because other family members were taking them, but we had loads of fountains, ground flowers, roman candles, whistling peats, flashers, and even a couple of big ones that went up in the air and exploded. It was quite the show!! My dad loves fireworks and his joy has been passed down to each of us (especially my brother Scott!) Tyler spent the evening with his hands over his ears because they were too loud for him, but both he and Bryce keep talking about fireworks and how cool they were.

We were completely exhausted by the end of the evening. 9:00 church came around way too early in the morning! We left for home shortly after lunch. Before I left, I was able to get a picture of my grandmother holding Lexi in the dress she made for me when I was a baby:



And just a fun one with my mom and some of her grandkids.



Hope you all had a fantastic fourth celebrating the freedoms of this beautiful country!

1 comment:

Whitney Blake said...

That is so great that the boys have cousins so close to their same age. I bet its nice having family so close.