We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Sunday, March 1, 2009

"Blanket Pool"

Friday night Tyler slept horribly. He was up every 30 -45 minutes just whining, crying, calling out for us. He ended up sleeping on the floor of our room and we sent him out to "go read books" in his room early in the morning. Marc and I could hear the kids playing happily in their room so we stayed in bed for a little bit and when they started banging on the door to get out, I drug myself out to go let them out. I opened up the door to two little bare naked boys, blankets, sheets, pillows, animals, everything covering the floor, as well as a little pile of poop on the ground. The boys were banished to their beds while we surveyed the damage....it was everywhere, all over the blankets, the beanbag chair, carpet, SO GROSS!!! We were so mad!! I just decided to wash everything to make sure we didn't miss any spots.

Apparently, the boys had decided that they were going to make a swimming pool out of their blankets and go swimming in their "blanket pool". So they stripped themselves naked and were swimming on the carpet of their bedroom. Since their not potty trained yet, you can imagine the rest. FUN HUH!!

At least it was a good jump start to the rest of the day. We were able to get the whole house cleaned and organized. The final boxes that have been camping out in the halls for lack of a spot to put them were put away, the shed outside was organized, and our kitchen looks nicer than it did when we first moved in. It feels so good to feel like we finally have a clean, box-free home :)

3 comments:

Cranberryfries said...

I'm way impressed you got that much done after such a rough start. I would have crawled back in bed! :)

I guess it's time for the misses to make her appearance since you're box free. I bet she was just trying to be nice, but I'm sorry you weren't able to go in on Fri.

Whitney Blake said...

I'm thinking it is that age, Jen and Tiffany just got done telling me a few stories about Keith and his pooping situations... and they were very similar to this. Still... way to keep your chin up.. .YIKES!

Jenny said...

It is true!! We have had LOTS of pooping situations at our house... or maybe I should say at a few houses! Michael was watching the kids when I went to the ER for my foot, and one side of Keith's diper fell off and slipped down his leg. Poop was involved... The other more recent time was when I was having a RS meeting and Keith should have been sleeping, he was not... he was not clothed when I found him, but poop was not involved. Sunday Mike was gone at meetings and I was home with kids. Keith had been bathed and dressed for church and I put him down for a nap and hoped into the shower. Next thing I know we had a naked kid with a lot of poop on the floor! I was NOT happy!!! We now have to put his PJ's on backwards so he can not get them off. It is fun!!!
Keep us posted with baby updates. We all hope that everything will work out, and you will be able to have that cute little girl soon!