We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Canyon County Classic

The "big" kids ran in the Canyon County Kids Classic race this year. I thought I took more pictures than I did, especially at the end of the race. Maybe they're on Marc's phone. Oh well. 
The boys had really high expectations for being able to go out and dominate the race. What they underestimated is how much running more than 3 miles the day, and a heavy work out the day before that does to your legs. Both were sluggish and frustrated. Lexi doesn't "perform" for me as well as she does Marc. I ran the mile with her on Saturday, and she struggled to run a half mile without stopping, yet she ran an entire 5k without walking when she ran with Marc. She made it through the most of the race, and with about 100 yards left, she totally face planted. And then she gave the wailing, yelling cry that made most people think she had broken a bone. I tried to get her to just get up and get running but she wouldn't have it, she wanted to feel sorry for her self. Marc saw what happened, so he ran over to her and helped her finish. So it was a somewhat disappointing finish for all of them, but they were in high spirits soon enough. My Mom was able to come out and watch (first time she has come out to Caldwell by herself in months). She stayed with Isabel while Marc and I ran with the kids. 






No comments: