We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Look who is walking!

We've been anticipating the day that this baby would walk for awhile. She's been standing up on her own for months now and cruising around furniture like it's nobody's business. However, if you tried to grab her hands to get her to "walk" with you, she'd buckle to her knees and wanted nothing to do with it. One day, I watched her just let go of the chair and start taking a couple of steps. She started to take a couple of steps to me if I'd hold out my arms. We tried to video a few instances with not much luck:


 Then we watched her pick things up and stand up with them and try to carry them. She realized it was too hard to crawl and carry things so she had to stand up. That was her motivating force. These pictures/video were taken October 1st:


 A week later, she is toddling all around, walking farther and farther all the time. 
It's still strange to see her walking everywhere now. She seems so much bigger and older. But she's happier, I'm happier to get her off the floor! I guess we have an official "toddler" now. 

No comments: