Let me start this post by saying that earlier this summer, my boys asked me for two things for Christmas. The Hogwarts Express, and the Hogwarts Castle Legos for Christmas. I said, we'll see what we can do, but probably not. I didn't realize at the time that they were retired. But after some research and seeing that the Hogwarts Express Lego set was selling for $250 on Amazon, I said there's no way!
One Saturday morning after chores, I sent the boys out to go ride bikes. They came back a little while later over the moon. They had stopped at a garage sale, and it had a huge bin of legos for $20, and even more, there was Harry Potter legos inside! They could see parts of the train and castle. I sent them back over to try and "hold it" until I could get there. I grabbed the cash from the boys' banks and went off to find them on my bike. Well, sure enough, there was a large bin of legos selling for $20. The boys were protectively hovering over it along with another little boy from the neighborhood. We were taking a risk not knowing how complete the sets were or what was even included in the bin. We had all gone over on our bikes, so the boys had a little difficulty getting the bin home. Thanks to a ward member, he gave the kids a lift back home and they went to work dumping out the legos and sorting through to see what they could find.
It turns out, the set indeed did have the Hogwarts Express and train station.We were able to find the instructions online and Bryce put it together. Though the set was not complete, we had enough filler legos we could make it work.
The Hogwarts Castle was also included. I've never seen a lego set this intricate with so many obscure legos. It was harder to put together because it was missing a lot more pieces than the train, but we were pretty impressed with how we were able to put it all together.
So the boys ended up with exactly what they wished for all for $20 that they paid for! The sets have lots of characters from the movies that they have loved playing with. The only problem is it teases us with wanting to get more Harry Potter Legos. Not sure if its a good thing or not they are retired!










No comments:
Post a Comment