On Monday, May 6th, Lexi got to go on a field trip to tour the temple grounds of the Boise Temple. The Head Gardener for the Boise Temple is a member of our ward. He invited the kids out, while the temple was closed for a few days, to show them around and explain some of the different flowers to them.
The 22,000 tulips were at the end of their blooming season. The were all getting dug up to be replaced by summer flowers. New bulbs are planted every October. They are ordered from Holland.
Brother Larsen and the preschool kids (and 2 siblings)
Showing the kids the stained glass windows on the outside of the baptistery.
I thought this was a fun picture. This is one of the only original windows before the temple was remodeled. I took this picture of Lexi, then remembered I had a bridal shot in front of the same window.
Each of the kids got to take their own flowers home with them to remember their trip to the temple. The flowers were gorgeous and stayed fresh for more than a week!
We had such a fun time just being on the temple grounds! It was a reminder that I need to get my kids there more often just to go see and touch the temple.
No comments:
Post a Comment