April flew by. I'm sitting here looking at whatever I wrote down on my calendar to even remotely help remember what we did.
Beginning of the month kids had dental appointments. They love going to the dentist and I'm really pleased with the Pediatric Dentist we send them to. The staff is super friendly, professional, and they treat us really well.
General Conference Weekend was nice to take a break and listen to the messages of the Prophet and Church Leaders. I especially found President Monson's talk about love very poignant. I'm really trying hard to not yell at my kids and try harder to show them I love them.
After the afternoon session, I took Lexi over to "Claire's" and she got her ears pierced! She's been wanting to for a long time. I told her she had to be 5 and tell me when she felt brave enough to do it. She took Sophie with her and was very brave, she didn't cry or scream or get upset. I was super proud of her! She looks a little too grown up with earrings though.
The Before:
On April 9th, I registered Lexi for Kindergarten! We had gotten her so excited about it, and we got to the school and I spent the whole time filling out paperwork while Lexi colored. She got to sit with the teachers for a second while they had her write her name, asked her how high she could count, and asked me how she did with playing with others, listening and following directions. Then we had to wait forever to meet with the nurse. Lexi was mad. "Mom, this isn't fun at all!" Sorry little one.
The girls had check-ups at the Pediatrician. At 5 years old, Lexi weights 40 lbs (49%), is 43 3/4" tall (70%). Isabel was 17 lbs (49%) 26.5" (60%) and has a Head Circumference of 16.25 (15%). Isabel attacked the paper on the table and was happy to sit there and tear it up and try to eat it. Fortunately, Lexi was up to date with all her immunizations so she didn't even have to have a shot. But poor Isabel did. So sad.
To prepare for the IRI (state testing) the kids had a spirit week. One of the days was "Twinsy Tuesday". The boys were pretty excited about that. They also had a sports team day, pajama day, etc.
I got a new shirt and some jewelry for my birthday. I got all dressed up and looking sassy. Lexi decided she wanted to look just like Mom, so she got dressed up too. We took turns taking pictures of each other.
1 comment:
I wish I could go through and comment on everything but it just wouldn't do justice. I am just so glad to see things are going well and you are all looking great!
Post a Comment