We could not wait to tell our kids that they were going to have a baby brother or sister! But, my worst fear was telling them that we were expecting and then losing the baby, so we waited until I was about 10 weeks along before we said anything to them. That was hard! Especially because I was feeling so cruddy, and just had to tell them I needed to rest or was feeling sick. I felt especially selfish during the first trimester. Unintentionally, it was all about me, and meeting my needs. We couldn't quite decide what the best way to tell them was, Marc kind of took control and during Family Home Evening one night. He had the kids draw pictures of our family during different months of the year. We each drew a picture, and then took turns telling about our picture>
Lexi took March, it's the party month around here with 3 birthdays:
Bryce got June:
Marc picked September:
Mom took October:
We took a video of me telling about my picture. It took the kids a little while to figure out that I was holding a baby in my picture. They were pretty shocked! Definitely didn't know what to think, but were excited! It felt so much better after telling them what was going on!
1 comment:
I am glad they were all excited for you and it was definitely a cute way of sharing your news! I know what a difference it makes to have that information "out there" so even feeling so crummy has a "reason" for everyone else too. I hope you are feeling somewhat better now.
Post a Comment