This Christmas, I had most of the gifts ready by the beginning of the month. There wasn't really much stress about shopping and last minute purchases. With the exception of Marc. I had planned on getting him a gift certificate for a new pair of running shoes, and the next thing I know, he's calling me to tell me he's going to the shoe store to get a pair of shoes. Stinker. How do you not blow the surprise without telling him to not do it! His biggest thrill with presents is being surprised, so I scratched the gift certificate and scrambled to find something else.
For our parents this year, we put together videos of them and the kids that had pictures, video clips, and music. We watched it with Bob and Deb before they left for Cincinnati (it was over an hour long!). My parents joined us for dinner and such on Christmas Eve and we watched it with them. There was some video clips I had of my grandma before she passed and just hearing her voice again got us a little emotional. They were some of my favorite projects to work on. I hope they enjoyed seeing them as much as I enjoyed working on them. Stuff like that always reminds me that I need to take more videos! I treasure the ones I have of the little boys, their little voices, their cute expressions and mannerisms that pictures just don't always capture.
To say the kids were excited does not express it enough. All 3 were old enough to "get" Christmas this year. They really enjoyed shopping for each other, and their favorite part about Christmas morning was watching their brother or sister open the gift they had gotten for them. I love that they recognize that already. It's fun to get gifts, but its so much more enjoyable to give and watch someone's reaction when they really appreciate what you've given them. Santa followed through this year and managed to find what the kids had asked for.
Bryce got hundreds of new legos.
Tyler received several Transformers
Lexi got princesses, and a baby doll high chair.
We received the movie "Avengers" as a family, and also "Swiss Family Robinson". The boys received lots of new books to read. Lexi's grandmother spent hours making a little doll bed/bassinet for her to carry around with her. I got the electric pencil sharpener I wanted, as well as a food processor and double waffle maker! I guess people are saying I need to spend more time in the kitchen......lol.
The kids got to enjoy playing with their presents for awhile before we went to my Mom's for Christmas Lunch. I think we watched "Swiss Family Robinson" when we got home and just enjoyed being together. I always feel like I'm ready for the day to be over by the time night finally comes around. It sometimes feel like we plan and prepare and think about Christmas so much, that once it finally gets here, you're ready to be done with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment