We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Christmas Eve

I love Christmas Eve!

The culmination of the countdown for Christmas, Family Home Evening, and reflection of our Savior and His Birth. Best night of the year. We spent the day finishing some crafts, cleaning house, cooking dinner, and having fun together.

We made these little snowmen for the boys' teachers and as a fun little side gift for my family. They're baby jars stuffed with hot cocoa mix and marshmallows. The kids loved helping me make them, and I love how fun and festive they look.


 My parents joined us for dinner and a little Family Home Evening. We made Cornish Game hens, glazed carrots, I'm sure there was lots of side dishes and salads. I made Bread Pudding for dessert, and I ruined the sauce. It still tasted ok, but the sauce is what makes the dish! We watched the movie we'd made for my parents. They loved it and I enjoyed watching them watching it and re-living some of the memories we had together.



We read the story of the Nativity in Luke and a few Christmas Stories. It was fun to have the kids join us in singing Christmas Carols and finally the kids got to open their one present. 





Their hyper-ness lasted a few minutes and they all got in their beds as quickly as possible. It's a magical night and for me it's even better than Christmas Day. The tradition of it is fond in my heart :)

No comments: