We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Friday, December 28, 2012

Halloween Festivities

 We had a lot of fun getting ready for Halloween this year. For Family Home Evening one night, we assembled this Haunted House.

 Took us awhile to figure out the vague, (non-existent) instructions, and that we needed to use hot glue. After that, we were able to get it completed relatively quickly. 
 Here's the finished result!

 I taught preschool on Halloween day. We had a little party, where all the kids came wearing their costumes. We changed out of them early so they didn't ruin them. It was fun seeing all of them dressed up. We played games, sang silly songs, made some crafts, ate yummy Halloween treats. We had a good time, and then I rushed off to work to teach Splash for 2 hours straight! It was exhausting!!!


We cut it to the wire carving pumpkins on Halloween night, but I complain! They got finished!





 The boys were Transformers this year (Tyler is Bumblebee and Bryce is Optimus Prime). Lexi was a cat-a-rina something or another. They had a blast trick-or-treating! Marc took them around while I handed out candy. When they got back, they sorted out what they wanted to keep in a ziploc bag and put out the rest for the Halloween Witch. The witch left them 3 brand new books and took the candy. We never once heard complaints about giving the candy to the witch, they talk about it all month and were really excited to see the books when they woke up in the morning. I think its one of my favorite Halloween traditions now :)


1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

What a cute house! I have never heard of a Halloween witch but if we did things like that I think I could get behind that tradition. :)