Saturday, June 30th, my Sister-in-law, Codi, threw a big "Cousin's Camp" for all the kids. It's a fun tradition that the kids look forward to every year. This year, it was hosted at a beautiful "ranch" with horses, hiking, fishing, crafts, swimming, rodeo games, camp fire songs, smores, and a camp out in tents. The younger kids were all given an older cousin to be their "buddy" and the bigger kids were really good about watching after the little ones. They had such a great time. Marc and I wish she would put on an adult camp too! We were a little envious of all the fun things the kids got to do all day.
While the kids were at cousin's camp we got to get away for an all-day date. We met our friends, Gina & Bryan downtown and bicycled on the Green Belt for about an hour.
They had to leave to get back to their kids, so we went out for a little longer and Marc ran 8 miles while I rode beside him on the bike. After Marc cooled off in the river, we enjoyed a picnic lunch in the park then changed our clothes at the downtown Y.
We spent some time shopping at the mall. I found an outfit I liked but couldn't commit to just yet. We went and looked at shoes to go with it to see what options were there. We couldn't decide what to eat for dinner, we drove around for awhile, couldn't find anything that really called out to us. Since the movie we were going to see was starting soon, we decided to just grab something by the theatre and settled for "Pollo Rey Chicken" Eh...really bland, over priced food that I can cook at home. We used the last of our free movie tickets to see "Brave". I was shocked at how scary it would be for little kids. Two of mine would have had a hard time with several of the bear scenes. We were glad we watched it without them first. Besides the scary parts, it was a cute movie, but definitely not a Pixar film that transcends all ages and all audiences.
Being the silly girl that I am, we went back after the movie to buy the outfit and shoes that I had my eyes on. At first, I was going to get a bright tangerine pencil skirt, but I felt limited with what I could wear with it. So I opted for the white skirt instead. It will be impossible to keep clean, but I really like that I can wear so many things with it and it just feels bright and fresh. I'll have to take a picture, it's fun to have something new :)







No comments:
Post a Comment