We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Friday, May 11, 2012

10 Years!

On May 4, 2002, Marc and I got married! The details still seem pretty fresh. I think having as many pictures of it as we do always helps with that! But it is a day we look back on with fondness, sentimentality, and joy!
 This May 4th, we celebrated our 10th Anniversary. We've been looking forward to this day for a long time!We knew we wanted to get away and do something really special. We had hoped to be able to go on a cruise, but with having to spend so much money beforehand on plane tickets and cruise reservations, it was impossible. Then we flirted with the idea of going to the Oregon Coast. Neither one of us had been there, it would still be "beachy".....though certainly not warm. As time got closer, it just didn't make sense to drive all the way over there for 1 or 2 days and feel rushed and penny pinched the entire time. So we opted to stay in Boise and make it a luxurious, fun, relaxed weekend.

We picked up Marc's parents at the airport Friday afternoon, had lunch with them, then they drove back with our kids to our house, and we drove my dad's truck to our hotel. We found a spa suite to stay at. The room was huge, the hot tub was awesome (though we turned up the temp way too hot and roasted ourselves!). We took some time getting ready to go to dinner. Both of us wanted to dress up and feel glamorous. We tried to take a few pics in the hotel room.

We headed downtown to eat at the Berryhill & Co Restaurant. It was a nice little place tucked away off of 9th & Main Street. They had someone playing the piano while we there. We started off with Calamari, then soups. I had a tomato/basil and Marc had a spicy rojo something. For the main course, Marc had lavender honey lamb with beets and fennel, and I had scallops. Both of us wanted to be adventurous try something we don't normally eat. We had a great time just talking, trying new food and being together. Since there was chocolates at the hotel, we chose not to get dessert. If we had known the chocolates weren't going to be very good, we definitely would have gone for the desserts at the restaurant!

Saturday, we tried to sleep in and leisurely enjoyed the day. We went shopping, had a quick "light" lunch, checked into a different hotel. I took a nap while Marc worked out. We met up with our friends Gina & Bryan at Tucanos and feasted Brazilian Style. We stayed up until after 2 playing games with them in the hotel lobby. The next day we had this fantastic breakfast, Gina and I had stuffed french toast and the men ordered omelets.  Marc and I finally got to see the "Hunger Games" movie. We had both read the book and really enjoyed seeing the movie. They did an excellent job with it.
 I think both of us wondered why it took 10 years to go out and have a weekend like this just for ourselves and really celebrate the day that we promised ourselves to each other. We had so much fun just being with each other and having no other distractions. Although, it was definitely a memorable Anniversary, I know that we won't wait until major "milestones" to celebrate like this again.




No comments: