We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Monday, April 30, 2012

April this and that

April looked like this for me:

Mondays--->get kids on bus, shopping, errands, work outs, visiting teaching, dinner, Family Home Evening, prepare for everything else,

Tuesdays--->get kids on bus, volunteer at school, teach 3 swimming lessons, eye appointments, chaperone field trip

Wednesdays--->get kids on bus, clean, Teach Music class, volunteer at school, plant garden

Thursdays---->Teach preschool swimming lessons (3 groups) in the morning, go back in the evening and teach 3 more lessons

Fridays----> Workouts, primary presidency meetings, clean house, play with kids

Saturdays---->Teach Swim lessons for 3 hours, swim instructor meeting for work, clean, prepare for Primary the next day, Ward Baptisms, clean garage

Sundays----> Teach Junior and Senior sharing time, get ready for company, plan shopping trips

I taught around 47 lessons. Some were a lot better than others. Looking back, it made me grateful that I can teach without stressing over the preparation. Not saying that I don't prepare, but I can prepare enough the day of, night before, or look at a lesson plan I've already done and roll with it. I was emotionally drained the last several days of the month. The sun finally decided to come out and we spent a lot of time playing outside.

Really dorky picture of me, but captures the crazy woman I felt like!

Princess Lexi:

 The boys had a field trip to the Zoo. I dropped Lexi off at my Mom's and met the bus at the zoo. I had expected a group of 4-5 kids to take around, and the kids would have to do something academically, like draw a picture, answer questions about the animals....Nope. Took Tyler and a boy named Robert around the zoo and was told to meet back at 1:00. Bryce had the choice to come with me or go with his friend and he chose his friend (which didn't bother me at all). Here's the giraffes:

 And a really funny looking prairie dog wearing a red shirt (this is the kids favorite exhibit, they can't wait to see the prairie dogs!)

 The boys were able to drive home with me, which saved them 2.5 hours of riding a bus.

Marc and the kids have really gotten into "The Piano Guys" They love dancing to it and listening to the music. It's fun to watch!
 Lexi has learned how to blow bubbles. She's pretty stinking cute!
 The boys LOVE sidewalk chalk. They can spend hours outside drawing as long as there is enough room to keep up with their ideas:

 This is Lexi and her friend Aly. I thought it was so cute that Lexi was helping to push her, plus I couldn't get enough of her outfit, she cracks me up!
After days of begging, we finally turned the sprinklers on for the kids to run through. They had a blast! Some of the neighbor kids came over too, so we were able to work in the garage while all the kids were entertained, it was a win win for everyone!

We're happy to say goodbye to April! We've worked hard and are ready to play in May :)

No comments: