We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Change of Calling

At the end of December, I was stressing about Primary and not having a President and the burden of trying to have everything ready for the new year when everyone changed classes. It was a HUGE relief when I found out right before we left for Cincinnati that a new president had been called (and it wasn't me!!). I'm now the first counselor, we've moved back to a normal schedule (sacrament meeting first, then primary) and to make things even better, we have 9:00 church! Hooray! I don't come home absolutely wasted anymore. The kids are so much happier, we have time for Sunday naps, and can enjoy having the whole rest of the day now. It's been a good change.

We were also thrown a curve ball, when on New Years Day, I thought the Bishop wanted to talk to us about some of the changes I want to make with nursery, and he really wanted to ask Marc to be the Young Men's President. So, our luxurious Sunday afternoons and now filled with back to back meetings for Marc and me feeling like a Sunday Widow. Ok, maybe that's a little dramatic, but his time spent in meetings has probably quadrupled in the last month, not to mention Wednesday night activities, and everything in between that the Young Men do. Marc really enjoys teenagers, so this is a great place for him. We were promised we'd be able to find balance in our lives. We're still trying to find that happy medium place, but as crazy as things are right now, we're holding it together. I guess this is all part of that "endure to the end" part, right?

1 comment: