We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Part 3 (last day I promise!)

Saturday, October 16th was Nick & Robin's wedding. The ceremony was scheduled to be at 9:00 in the morning. We were leaving from the wedding to go to the airport, so had to have all of our stuff packed, kids dressed with extra change of clothes for the airplane set aside, ourselves looking all nice, and be at the country club by 8:30 to take a couple of pictures and make sure we weren't late. The night before was horrendous. We asked the hotel for a crib, and I think it was smaller than a pack-n-play. Lexi kept waking up crying every few minutes because she didn't fit in the crib and couldn't get comfortable. She ended up in our bed and that never bodes well for Marc & I getting decent sleep. I tossed & turned all night, then was up by 5 and couldn't go back to sleep. I was tempted to go for a run on the beach, but I was worried that I would wake everyone up, didn't want to be by myself when nobody knew where I was, or couldn't find my way back, so I just laid there trying in vain to get some more sleep. I finally gave up and showered, and at least I had plenty of time to get myself ready!

The wedding was held at a country club on a golf course. Literally, on the course. There was a little gazebo set up, and between the gazebo and the door to get inside/outside, all the golf carts were going back and forth. 15 feet away, golfers were warming up. We took a few pictures of our family and the kids, then tried to keep them out of the sand traps and off the greens for the next 45 minutes while we waited.
9:00 rolled around and there was no indication that the ceremony was going to be starting any time soon. The sound guy was still getting set up, they just barely started unrolling the carpet that the wedding party would walk down, and apparently the bride arrived just a few minutes before in her sweats with no makeup on.

We were finally told to take our seats and instructed to stand for the bride when she came out. Marc's mom and dad came out and Bob did a little hand-off with Marc for the camera as he walked down the aisle since he was the wedding photographer. Everyone looked very nice. Robin wanted a fall wedding theme so they had various colored leaves strewn under the palm trees, pumpkins and pine cones. Here comes the bride (with her father and step-father):We sat near the back on the groom's side with our 3 noisy children and couldn't hear much of what the minister said.
Marc likes to take shots "on the sly" so he'll aim the camera without looking at just snap a few. I threw this in so you could see the golf balls right next to us. Apparently, I'm not sophisticated enough for country club weddings......I found the whole getting married on the golf course thing quite amusing.
I guess the bride & groom said "I DO!" Because they sealed the deal with a kiss and strolled out Mr. & Mrs. Glutz:
We became quite lost as to what to do at this point. We wandered around for awhile. We were under the impression that we were going to take pictures, but couldn't find where the bride & groom had gone. We finally went upstairs out on the balcony where they were serving danishes. Took a few more pictures:
Let's just say, there was a lot of drama after the ceremony. The Glutz clan took 1 family picture with the bride & groom. We all kind of huddled around the back of them. I haven't seen the picture yet, but I know my kids were screaming in it. We waited patiently while they spent the next hour taking pictures with the bride's family. We were severely tempted to skip out on the rest of the reception and go feed alligators at the local mini-golf place. But we stuck around long enough to eat waffles & see Nick all "gangstered" out as he and Robin were formally introduced: It was an interesting day. We made it to the airport in plenty of time. Even had a chance to visit a B-52 bomber in a nearby park, and grab everyone a slushee at 7-11. The kids were phenomenal on the way home. And we were exhausted but happy to be back to our own beds :)

1 comment:

Justin, Jessica, Kyleigh & Mason said...

What an adorable family you have!! I can't believe how big they are all getting!