We've been looking forward to going to the pumpkin patch since September! We kind of wanted to wait until after Florida to go and then the weather turned and I was worried we weren't going to be able to go at all! But alas, the Friday before Halloween was absolutely gorgeous, Marc got home a little early from work and we set out to Linder Farms in Meridian.
You had to pay for admission into the farm, some things were included with admission, and some things were an additional cost. The kids had a blast playing in a huge corn box. We even buried Bryce in it.

Every pumpkin farm has a picture like this I think :)



We got to take a wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch. We had already purchased our pumpkins, so we didn't get off. But the kids loved riding behind the tractor.


Lexi especially loved being at "the farm" She just kept running from one thing to the next with a big old smile and squeal. Here she is going through the straw maze:

The boys & I following behind:

One of the things we paid for was for the kids to ride the "barrel train" They had all these makeshift barrel cars hooked together and pulled behind a tractor. This was the boys' favorite part of the day, go figure! ;)


Marc climbed in with Lexi, she wasn't so sure about it at first, but as soon as it took off, she lit up! I overheard one lady look at Marc & say "what a fun dad!" Yes he is!


We fed various animals in a petting zoo. Bryce is face to face with a camel in this picture:

And what pumpkin farm visit would be complete without a ride in the wheelbarrow?

I'm so glad we were able to do this as a family this year! It's quickly becoming one of my favorite fall traditions. I have to admit, my favorite thing about the farm was the "mini donuts" they fried up fresh for you. They sprinkled cinnamon & sugar on the top, and were warm & crispy! Oh golly! One guy said it was the only thing he comes back for every year, and I had to slightly agree with him, lol!
No comments:
Post a Comment