We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Positive Parenting

After a recent post on facebook, several of my friends recommended the "Positive Parenting" class taught by Carleen Tanner here in Meridian. The timing was impeccable, because the first class of a 10 week course started a couple of days later. I've attended two classes now, and I'm excited, but if you read my last post, you will notice that I'm feeling extremely OVERWHELMED. Essentially, her first message is that you need a parenting plan....what is it that you want your family to be like, and how do you get there? The second class focused on creating an environment that teaches our children to feel the spirit and helping them recognize the spirit. I'm hoping to use this blog as a source of accountability each week, as I strive towards making changes in my life, thus affecting the lives of my family members. I haven't gotten off to a very good start, but its never too late to change. So before class on Thursday, I'm going to talk about our family mission statement, ways that we can improve making our Sabbath Day a special day, and my feelings about the talk Elder Hales gave in the last conference session.

4 comments:

Ducksfly2gether said...

I LOVED that talk in conference. Good luck!

Cranberryfries said...

Hey thats cool! Is the Positive Parenting use a manual/book? Tarl and I just took a class last month about Positive Parenting also and it was awesome. It's always good to give yourself pats on the back when you're like, yes we're already doing that, and then to see things you'd like to work on more. Good luck! You're already steps ahead of most just for going to the class (I appreciated it when the teacher told us that.).

Tiffani said...

I love her classes. I have taken them both a couple of times. I need to find my notes and CD's that I bought from her.

rin said...

Sounds like a great class. Looking forward to reading about the topics you post!!!