I'm really behind in blogging! October has been really busy, and really fun so far.
We had a family outing to Fanci Freeze for dinner. We had the $.79 hamburgers, shared a large order of tater tots (my absolute favorite!!) and attempted to share a banana split. It was kind of difficult to find room for our spoons with how fast the kids were digging into it. Marc and I managed to save the two cherries for ourselves.
We've been enjoying gorgeous weather at the park! I'm not getting very far with teaching the kids how to swing on their own. Any suggestions for how to teach them to pump their legs and pull with their arms at the same time? If Lexi has her way she will swing the entire time we're at the park, I love hearing her squeal as she goes back and forth.
I've been doing A LOT of sewing! I made Lexi a fancy party dress to wear to her Uncle Nick's wedding. I flew through most of it until I got to the zipper. I haven't put in a zipper since I was in school and I think everything that could go wrong, went wrong! But I was able to finish it at last and quite impressed with the way it came out. I also made Lexi a Halloween costume. The first time I made it, it ended up fitting Bryce. I went by the chest and waist measurements on the envelope instead of measuring the pattern pieces and she was drowning in it! So, during General Conference, I unstitched EVERY little stitch, re-cut the pattern pieces and sewed it again. I still need to fix the lining of the hood so it doesn't stick out, and put in the tail, but she's going to look pretty dang cute :)We hosted our first week of preschool at our house. We played with musical instruments, introduced blending with the letters M, A, P, S, & T, made macaroni noodles with dyed pasta, went exploring for leafs to do rubs with, played with toys, played out back, and read stories. It was hard work, but a lot of fun and fulfilling at the same time.
Bryce and Tyler ran their first race! They ran a mile in the Canyon County Classic which was put on by the Caldwell YMCA. We stretched together, then lined up by age, and then we were off!
The boys were so excited, they were running as hard as they could. Marc and I each took a boy to run with, he had Tyler and I had Bryce. I would say about 300 meters into it, we started hearing "I'm tired!" "I'm thirsty!" "When are we going to be done?!?"
Bryce wanted to walk for awhile, so I stayed back with him while Tyler and Marc pulled ahead. Bryce got really frustrated that he couldn't stay up with Tyler. He tried sprinting up to them a couple of times, but just couldn't stay with them. I was finally able to convince him not to worry about Tyler, just worry about himself. He settled down a little bit, but was really defeated pretty early on. We were finally able to see the police car up ahead which signaled the turn around/ half-way point. That really lifted Bryce's spirits and was just enough motivation to keep trying. We talked about how hard it was, and the whole way I kept telling him how proud I was of him, and what a great job he was doing. He was trying so hard! About 3/4 of the way through, Marc came sprinting back to me with Lexi on his shoulders and traded her for the camera so he could get pictures of Tyler at the finish line. Tyler was bound and determined to finish the race. He did not want to stop, he just wanted to finish! He was amazing!! Bryce was so excited to see the finish line. He sprinted through to the finish to receive his medal.
We were so proud of our boys! What a great experiences for all of us. Marc and I had so much fun racing with them, encouraging them, and cheering them on. I can't believe how grown up they are!
Monday, October 18, 2010
October Happenings
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That costume is adorable! And what a smart mamma to make it a warm one. Are you guys getting snow like us?
Post a Comment