We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

random

My computer crashed (again). My brother is hopeful that he can retrieve all the information off of it and thinks that its just Windows that needs to be fixed. The only hangup is that he lives in Boise, so whenever I can get it up to him (and back) I can have it back. In the meantime, both Marc and I are sharing his laptop. I guess I can't complain too much, because at least I can still have internet access. Its been somewhat healthy for me though, not being able to get "on" the computer as much.


I had another great shopping trip at Smiths. I was able to pick up 4 containers of "off the bone" lunch meat (valued at $4.39 each) for FREE! Smiths was running a buy one get one free (BOGO) sale, and I had two bygo coupons, so it made them free. I took a picture of my purchases that maybe I'll post later to show all the stuff that I was able to get for under $30. Can you tell how addicted I'm getting to this couponing stuff? There are so many fabulous deals out there, I simply take advantage of the work that others do :D

We're officially out of a job now. Marc's contract with BYU ended on the 31st. We have several job applications out there but they take so long to process, and we've been so frustrated because he hasn't been able to get any interviews. We had another hopeful job fall through this week. Marc took his resume up to the Career Services department at BYU to have them take a look at it and try to figure out why he hasn't been interviewed yet for these jobs that he's very well qualified for. They were incredibly helpful and spent a long time with Marc going over his wording and making sure he's giving proof of what he did, not just saying in general what he did. He's going to spend the rest of the day re-vamping his resume and cover letter. I think its going to make a big difference in the upcoming application that we're really excited about. Throughout an entire summer of applying for jobs, we've certainly learned a lot about this whole process with each application we send in.

That's about it. I really shouldn't be as excited to have my husband home as I am, but it has been really nice to have another adult here with me to help with the kids, running errands, taking turns during nap time so we could each get up to the temple, etc. Both of us feel like things are going to be OK. Its stressful and scary, but I oddly feel peace about it. Plus, we're really learning to make by with what we have and be resourceful to save money wherever we can. I know its getting old for Marc to always be looking for jobs, filling out applications, sending in resumes, and then waiting (that's almost the hardest part) but he's been so diligent. Cross your fingers for us!

1 comment:

Kellie Allred said...

Being without a job is so hard. I would recommend mine, but you already have three kids and you're only allowed two. We spent all last summer looking for jobs and, while it's hard, it really does make you appreciate what you do have, especially once you get another job. Sometime when I get frustrated with this job I think, "Why am I complaining? A year ago I was on the brink of having NO money and now I have everything I need and more." Good luck finding something soon! We found a job that really changed our lives and it's been a great blessing.