Lexi is 6 months old now! Goodness gracious.....its going so quickly. But then again, the newborn stage is all a blur to me and I can hardly even remember what she looked like when she was first born without seeing the pictures of her. I guess thats what sleep deprivation does to you, alters your memory for good!
Lexi LOVES to eat! Whether it is milk, or solids she gets very voracious and just screams at us if she isn't fed when she thinks its time for her to eat. We just have to laugh at her little squeals, to be honest she sounds like a little piglet sometimes, its quite entertaining. So far the only food she doesn't like is peas, and meat straight from the jar. Other than that, she opens wide for anything put in front of her. I've been giving her some pieces of apple and carrot lately to chomp on, so far she's a fan. At meals she stares the boys down and watches them very closely as they eat. I don't know how much longer we'll be able to get by feeding her different foods than the rest of us, she's getting pretty persistent.
Exploring is Lexi's favorite past time. She does an inchworm like crawl (hasn't quite gotten the hang of moving her arms and so she face plants) its pretty effective for her and she's getting faster every day. Her favorite things to get into are the plastic diaper bags, paper, and whatever her brothers are playing with. She adores her brothers. She will light up with the biggest smile when they play with her, especially Bryce. I have a feeling those two are going to be pretty close as they get older. Marc and I are amazed at Lexi's ability to control her body. She's very coordinated and strong. It will be interesting to see how that develops as she gets older. In the meantime, we just marvel at how much she is able to do with her tiny little body and determined personality.
Sleeping is not her strong suit. It used to be. She was on a really good schedule before we left from Cincinnati, but ever since then its been horrendous. Naps are hit and miss, she's been waking up several times a night, and is now woken up too easily but the littlest noises. I have a hunch she's close to breaking a tooth so I'm crossing my fingers that it will improve soon.
Lexi loves attention. All you have to do is look at her and she'll give you a big old gummy smile. We crack up when we go to get her from her crib because she waits right by the door and yells until we come to get her. She is a gem. I think having her as a part of our family has brought us all closer together. Its weird to think of life without her. We love this little girl so much. She truly is our little princess. I'm excited to see what the next 6 months will bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment