We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Monday, April 6, 2009

going to battle

I had to laugh when I read Whitney's last comment about how I'm "together" while handling three kids. Today was a battle all day long, its enough to have just gotten through it in one piece. Before the baby came, we thought it would be Tyler that would have the most difficult time adjusting....boy were we wrong! Bryce has been an absolute monster (yes, my sweet little Bryce). His tantrums and fits are draining every bit of energy out of me. He's been kicking, hitting, biting, pinching, pulling hair, and spitting. The defiance and disobedience gets under my skin the most. At one point today, I was feeding the baby and the boys were playing in their room together. They started screaming so I tried to ignore them, but it got worse and I could hear them hitting each other. I tried to yell at them to come into my bedroom, but they were in the heat of the battle so didn't care to listen, I finally had to stop feeding Lexi to go pull the boys off each other, kick them out of their room to sit in time out while I sat in between them to finish nursing. Poor Lexi, tried to eat but was too concerned about the surround sound screaming around her. Bryce just screamed and yelled at me, he refused to tell me he was sorry, I tried restraining him because sometimes thats the only way to "ride the tantrum out" to get him to a point of reasoning. That failed and only made us both more upset. I finally took his favorite bull dog and blankie away from him and tried to walk away from the situation. Next thing I know, he's in my room throwing clothes all around and making a huge mess because he wanted his "stuff" back. That was just one of the many fits. It's been an ugly day. It's far from "ease" and I'm sorry if I was misleading in my last post!! LOL. Anybody have advice for dealing with such violent tantrums??

4 comments:

Ducksfly2gether said...

Showers. Not cold showers...nice warm showers. It only works for one of ours and not the other, but it seems like once the water hits her face, she "comes back" to the land of the living instead of that horrible tantrum land.

Cranberryfries said...

I still haven't figured out a good solution (that is constant anyway). Some days I'm just more calm and can handle it with a little bit more patience (haha that is rare) and other days I struggle to figure out what to do. Good luck!

Kellie Allred said...

Oh my goodness, this brings back so many (not-so-good) memories! It doesn't sound like they've tried to sit on Alexis yet, but watch out for that one! I can't imagine doing it with twins - way to go. With William's tantrums, I put him in the pack n play with some books until he settles down. Luckily he never learned to climb out of it! I would recommend the book "Common Sense parenting of toddlers and preschoolers" - best book I ever read about dealing with kids this age.

Whitney Blake said...

Cute little Bryce.. oh poor little guy he is going through a phase or what!! Hang in there.