We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Boise "Super Post"

Marc hates when I haven't blogged for awhile then do one big long post...but that's just how I roll!

I drove with the kids up to Boise by myself last week. I was definitely nervous about the drive, and was pleasantly surprised that the kids did so awesome! As long as the boys had a movie on in the back they were happy. I took extra time when we stopped to fill up with gas to get the kids out, grab some food to eat and feed Lexi. Our week was super busy with tons of people to see and fun things to do, so I'll try to keep it to a quick recap:

Thursday we drove out to see my grandma Casper. Tyler told us on the way in that he was "not going to say hi to grandma" the little stinker! My Aunt Kathy and my cousin Krista were there too so it was kind of a chaotic visit.


The boys have been looking forward to meeting Lindy and Maggie the newest bunny rabbits at the Galloway household.

Friday morning we went to my brother Scott's house to play with Dallin and Ellie. They quickly became fast friends and Ellie was the perfect "little mother" to Alexis.



After playing with cousins we came home and my mom had put together a feast. My friend Deanna was having lunch with us...when I planned it I had thought we'd do peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on paper plates, but I forgot that I was at my mother's house. She had placemats and chargers, cloth napkins and fresh flowers from the front yard. We had a delicious lunch and even had warm brownies for dessert.

We had a couple of hours break, and then my cousin Christy came over with her three little boys. This is her newest baby, Dallin with Lexi. He's a month older than Lexi. The older boys had a great time playing in the backyard together and causing chaos all over the house :)


We were absolutely exhausted by the end of the day!

Saturday the boys went on a long "hike" with grandma in the morning. We had planned on taking it kind of easy, but got a call that somebody wanted to come see the house (my parents house is for sale) we cleaned up as fast as we could and got the house looking gorgeous then headed over to see my brother's new office. If anyone is in need of a new PC, there are some phenomenal deals that he is offering right now. We took the kids over to the YMCA to go swimming and they had a blast! Tyler kept trying to walk on his hands in the shallow pool, but it was just high enough that he couldn't breathe. He couldn't quite figure out how to get his knees underneath him, so he would struggle but he would do it with a smile on over and over so we called him the "happy drowner"
We left from the Y to go get Marc from the airport and it was a happy reunion. I love watching the boys giggle and laugh when haven't seen someone they love for awhile.

Sunday morning we were ready to go to church and both my parents were feeling so crummy, they weren't up to going to the stake conference broadcast, so we went out to Grandmas again. It was a much better visit this time. The kids were a little more cooperative and even agreed to take a picture (with the incentive of chocolate)



We got the boys to take a nap and I slipped out to go visit my cousin Greg who just got home from his mission. I've seen Shauna & Stephanie pretty regularly over the years, but its been at least 10 years since I've seen their brother Greg (or Jeff who was there too). What a nice young man Greg has turned into! He just sat down and chatted with me & Steph. It was a great visit & I'm so happy I got to see everyone again.

We woke up the boys, then went to my brother's for dinner. The kids had such a great time playing in the backyard. I have such swingset envy right now!! I would love to be able to just let the kids go outside and play and not worry about them. Palmer was such a great big cousin to the boys and spun them round and round in the tireswing, but he soon learned "its hard work pushing those boys around!"


Monday morning, my Dad took the boys out to the pond in the backyard to see if they could catch a fish. They were unsuccessful, but the boys didn't mind too much! Tyler kept going around to the fake geese and saying "Nice goose".



We visited our friends from Cincinnati, the Hansens. Matt & Suzanne live literally 5 minutes from my parents, its crazy! Their kids have gotten so tall. It was nice to have the chance to visit with Suzanne, I've missed her! She was a dear friend to me when I was really struggling back in Cincinnati and I will forever be grateful for her kindness.

After that we went to Sarah's house. The boys were able to play with her little boy, Maddox while we chatted. Tyler enjoyed dressing up as a firefighter, and what could be better than a huge dirt pile to play in?



While we were at Sarahs, my mom called to let me know someone else wanted to see the house, so we rushed home to get everything cleaned up. We had to be out of the house right at dinner time, so we grabbed some hamburgers and ate at a park (while Marc was golfing with Sarah's husband Steven) After the kids were finally asleep, we left to play games with Scott & Codi. I love living so much closer to my brothers! Its so nice to try and rebuild a relationship with them and their families.

Tuesday morning we spent packing. I enjoyed a visit with my friend Kristen and her husband Danny (super nice guy!). We then got the car loaded and drove home. On the way we stopped by Shoshone falls, but thats for a different post.

Well, that's our crazy visit! Are you as tired after reading all that as we felt when we got home? We were all glad to be back in our beds that's for sure :)

No comments: