I'm just going to post a bunch of pictures and talk about them because I don't really know what else to blog about right now!
Last week we drove to Lehi (which is about 15-20 minutes away) to visit my Grandma Galloway who lives up there. Since we all have late church, it was the perfect way to spend a little bit of time in the morning. We enjoyed reminiscing about old memories and we were both quite nostalgic for Boise (Grandma lived in Boise for as long as I can remember until my Grandpa passed away and then she moved to Lehi). She knitted a blanket for our baby which was so sweet. The boys had a blast playing on her piano and enjoyed a few toys around the house.I love making Rhodes Rolls on Sundays, you can just put them out a little before church and when you come back they're all risen and ready to put in the oven. They never worked quite as well for me in Cincinnati, I definitely think it's the altitude difference. Marc was sure proud of the first batch that he made and how huge they were!
Tyler loves to ham it up in front of the camera. Isn't he handsome and growing up way too fast??
Bryce has a "baby" bulldog that he carries around with him all day with his yellow and blue "tee-tees" (blankies) He especially likes to wrap the bulldog up in the blankie and give him big hugs, its very cute. I couldn't resist the shot of him wearing a "bulldogs" sweatshirt and playing with his bulldog.
You can't see it very well, but Tyler is wearing his Daddy's tie and working at the computer just like his Daddy. If you ask the boys where their Daddy goes to school they'll both yell "B-Y-U!!" (we're training theme early). They know that when people wear backpacks and are walking to school they are called "students" and that one day they'll get to go to school too.
We are thrilled to live closer to my brother Jason and his family. They have been so kind and generous to us! We were invited to their place for dinner (they live about an hour away in Fruit Heights) and we got to play the Wii for the first time ever, which was a blast. I think my brother was excited to have a little male competition. The boys have loved getting to know new cousins, it's especially fun because Jason & Jen have a little boy (Nathan) who is just a few weeks younger than them. We've also had fun playing with Baby Claire. Even though she's quite a bit older and bigger than our baby will be, it's great to have something to relate to when we talk about the baby sister and what she will need when she cries, etc.
I almost sold this train table. I had it on a list of stuff that I was selling and had a bunch of responses to it then had such seller's remorse I couldn't bear to part with it. We were given the train table last March, and it's been sitting in the garage taking up space under a tarp waiting to give to the kids for Christmas. I didn't think we'd have room in the new place, but with the new baby coming the kids needed something that they could play with together and keep them distractedfor a substantial amount of time. So we had a belated Christmas and got the table all set up, they knew immediately what to do and started going to town building tracks and getting out the trains. Bryce is amazing when it comes to building the tracks. Usually he builds them all by himself and I only have to help him once in a while. The boys are particular about what trains they play with and they love to steal each others' trains. So as much as they play with the trains, they fight over them as constantly. Tyler is always worried that "Bryce is going to knock over my train!" and Bryce gets mad at Tyler because he's not driving his gigantic train around the tracks fast enough. If it gets too out of hand all of the trains get put up and they don't come back out until the next day.
We live right down the street from a train yard and the boys couldn't be happier about it. If they hear a train whistle (which is constant all day and at night) both of them perk up and say "I hear a train!!" and immediately run to a window to try and see it even though we can't actually see the trains from any of our windows. They always get excited when we're driving home because they know we'll get to see a train. Last week we took them up to a Model Train Show up at Thanksgiving Point. I had never been to a trainshow so I didn't really know what to expect. It's mainly designed so that you'll buy the electric trains from the dealers who are displaying their model trains tracks ranging in size from itty bitty sets that are contained in brief case, to huge tracks that took up a whole room. It was fun to see the different displays, but the boys had to be lifted up to see almost every train. It wasn't bad at first, but near the end I just couldn't do it anymore so Marc juggled Tyler on his shoulders and picked up Bryce (not an easy task considering both are well over 30 pounds!). Both boys threw tantrums as we tried to get out the door, Tyler's was especially terrible and he wouldn't settle down for anything. Needless to say, we have two little boys that are absolutely OBSESSED with trains, and that fixation has only gotten worse since we're so surrounded by them out here!
On a side note, I saw the Dr. this morning and am dilated 1 cm....not that that means a whole lot considering I was 1 cm with the twins for over a month! But its exciting to know that the ball is in motion for delivery and in a few weeks I won't have to be pregnant anymore! But it also means I have to take care of a newborn. I think Heavenly Father knew that the only reason women would want the baby to come out is we just couldn't handle having them inside us anymore. So we're uncomfortable and miserable enough to drive us to want to go into labor, because really would anyone just volunteer to deliver a baby?? You have to be pretty desperate. I turned to Marc a few days ago and said, "I must have been so miserable when I was this pregnant with the twins!!" he just stared at me like, "miserable is an understatement." I think pregnancy messes with your memory so much just so you won't remember those little things that could otherwise persuade you to never do it again. I'm getting close to thinking we'll never do it again, but you never ask a pregnant woman in the last weeks of pregnancy if she's thinking about more.
Anyway, this is a much longer post than I ever expected, so sorry! Until next time.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
What we've been up to:
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like you guys have been busy little bees, I'm glad to see you are settling in nicely. The boys are sure looking adorable as usual. Congrats on the motion towards delivery. You are definitely on the wind down. Hopefully the next couple of weeks go by fast for you.
Post a Comment